News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season

Started by IzMeChera, February 07, 2010, 08:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Magnus

Quote from: Amyj on May 20, 2010, 09:26:05 AM
Rumor has it that it will be summer at faire this weekend...upper 80's, sunny and HUMID!!!!  Gotta love Missouri weather...never a dull moment.
Wow I guess I'll be sweatin a bunch in my medieval garb n armor. Looking forward to visiting this weekend ;D
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".

Genievea Brookstone

The one good thing though is most of the grounds are under tree cover,  that might help some...but up by the Joust and Knights pub I see it getting icky hot and not so pleasant smelling.....  :-[

Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Amyj

Yay!!! Sunshine!!!!  It's going to be a fantastic day!!!  Definitely time for the "party garb" again.  (Hawaiian print bodice and doublet...look for us!...who knew "novelty garb" could be so fun!!!)
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Malcolm

Sometimes, one picture is worth a thousand words.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Lavender

You look great!  I miss you guys, hope to make it back to Petit Lyon someday.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Lord Magnus

Great Photo! I had a blast last weekend. Thanks to all of you for continuing the fun at this faire!

Malcolm

We always enjoy the Outlander invasion. Thank you all for coming to our little Faire.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Lord Magnus

Thank you guys for making it our second home away from Bristol. :D BTW thanks for getting a shot of the meeting. I actually missed my own group's meeting this time. (I was explaining the use of shamshir and shield to a young man at Gothic Fantasy swords).

Butch

Leaving for St Louis in less than 7 hours!  HUZZAH!

Amyj

It was great to see you Butch...glad you made it out!  Hopefully Bob and I will see you in Columbia this fall and of course in KC!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

What a GREAT TIME!!!  It was nice spending with all of the friendly R/F folks!  As I recall, I met them as follows:  Lord and Lady Alberon (with Lord Logan), then Capt Hunnar Greybeard and Charity/T-something (sorry!), then Amy J and Bob, and finally act2redux.  Wonderful people, one and all!

It was wonderful talking with each and every one of you!  Lord and Lady Alberon, I hope it wasn't too much trouble returning those extra shirts today, we sincerely appreciate it!  Capt Greybeard and Charity, I hope you are able to continue having good luck when you exchange that corset.  AmyJ and Bob, have fun with your nephew!  And act2redux, thank-you for introducing me to your rescued puppy, she was wonderful!

Something unexpected:  they introduced me to the custom of sharing flasks.  I think I had 4 shots in me before 11:00!  Unfortunately, I was not prepared to reciprocate of the lovely adult beverages (some special blend of Capt Morgans, some butter rum loki, some lemon loki that WAS TO DIE FOR!, and some other something).  I will never come to faire again without something to share!

Oh, and thank-you Lady Renee Buchanan for all of your positive comments elsewhere on the board about the Friends of Faire in St Louis (Les Ami de Lyon).  We got that, and were blown away by the benefits.  Special changing and storage area, special relaxation area, fruit and beverages, and yesterday there was even a BBQ!  What a deal!  I sure wish Kansas City did that, it is well worth the extra $.

St Louis Ren Faire is particularly noteworthy in that its lanes are so shaded.  How wonderful to not have to be in the sunlight all of the time!

Can you believe that turkey legs are $8 this year?  Both my wife and my daughter bought one.  The beer was reasonable, I bought Bass Ale for $4 a pint.

Saw 3 Pints Gone (all 4 sets) and the Musical Blades.  Also caught Merlin and Molly a few times.  Fantastic acts!  The King Sing was a great way to end the faire!

My son and I went to Molly Malone's afterwards to see 3 Pints Gone and the Musical Blades there.  Very nice indeed!

Thank-you, R/F'ers of St Louis, for your exceptional hospitality, and making this first visit to your great faire so memorable!  We will definitely be back again!

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Great getting to meet you, Butch. Glad you liked the Loki.

Hope you can make it back next year.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Malcolm

Between problems getting my computer to upload and time needed to care for my wife and her foot, I finally have all the pictures I took on the 22nd posted.
You may find them here: http://news.webshots.com/album/577762799sRMoFA?vhost=news

Here are a few samples

Best food at the Faire!

YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Amyj

Awesome shots as always Malcom!!!
Historically Accur-ISH

Emerald Shaunassey

Greetings All!

Myself and Diamond will be out at Petit Lyon this weekend though, not in garb.  We are actually taking semi-vacation and working weekend in that we are up to visit with family and friends performing at the festival as well as promoting the festival we own, Missouri Renaissance Festival, to the vendors, patrons, and performers.  Look for the matching bright Kelly Green T-shirts with the white Celtic Harp on the front and that would be us!

Looking forward to seeing anyone who is out and about this weekend.  And for those of you with the traveling bug, come down July 24th & 25th to Neosho, Missouri (SW Corner of the state by Oklahoma) and visit our humble festival.

Fair Winds!
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.