News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The New Queen for 2010

Started by BubbleWright, January 28, 2010, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

It has been reported in the PaRenFaire.Netter's forum that a new actress is taking over the role of Queen Elizabeth I ...Katie Campbell. In 2004 she portrayed Mary Queen of Scots and was also on cast in 2005 and 2006. She has some big shoes to fill in the wake of Kelly Morris's tour de force 2 year reign as Good Queen Bess. Huzzah to Katie and God Speed to Kelly!!!
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Master James

I'm sorry to hear that Kelly isn't going to be back.  She was the best Queen they've had in a while.  If what I heard about the "added" weekend is why she has been replaced then that really stinks!  I was told that when they added that weekend, there was no discussion with the cast and they were simply told, "If you aren't here don't bother to audition next year."  As many of know, Kelly was training for the NYC Marathon and told them up front about that so if they refused to have her back as a result of that, I've lost a LOT of respect for PARF management!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

McGuinness

James, that's not the reason at all. I'm sure the rumors will fly, but let's not jump to conclusions. It was totally her decision not to come back - she had gotten another offer with a New York theatre group and decided to try something new. She is still part of the faire family, just not this season. She was not replaced because she ran the marathon.

And speaking as a member of that cast, no one that I know of was told not to bother auditioning if they couldn't do the extra weekend.

Lady Amy of York

I wish Kelly well in her new  ventures,  and  welcome  to  the  new  queen  Katie.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Master James

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on January 28, 2010, 04:01:03 PM
James, that's not the reason at all. I'm sure the rumors will fly, but let's not jump to conclusions. It was totally her decision not to come back - she had gotten another offer with a New York theatre group and decided to try something new. She is still part of the faire family, just not this season. She was not replaced because she ran the marathon.

And speaking as a member of that cast, no one that I know of was told not to bother auditioning if they couldn't do the extra weekend.

WHEW!  That is good news then.  I know rumors are crazy but that is just what I heard at the end of the season so when this came up I just presumed that might be the reason.  I'm glad that people weren't told that because that just would have been nuts.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.  Any plans on visiting us in VARF this year?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

McGuinness

The rumor mill does what the rumor mills does.  :)

I'm going to try to get down to VaRF again, hopefully in costume this time so you'll recognize me again! It feels strange going to a faire in civies....

will paisley

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on January 28, 2010, 04:01:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I heard the same story and was thinking exactly what James was thinking.  I'll do my best to quell the rumor mill in my little corner of the world.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Master James

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on January 28, 2010, 09:19:52 PM
The rumor mill does what the rumor mills does.  :)

I'm going to try to get down to VaRF again, hopefully in costume this time so you'll recognize me again! It feels strange going to a faire in civies....

Yup rumor mill will be killed.  Yeah it was a little strange last year seeing you in danes.  LOL  Come play with us in court if you make it down.  While I'm not the GM any more I'm sure you are more than welcome to come join.  If you want to be guest cast, let me know when you are coming down and we'll work it out.  See you then.
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

McGuinness

Quote from: Master James on January 29, 2010, 01:01:22 PM
Yup rumor mill will be killed.  Yeah it was a little strange last year seeing you in danes.  LOL  Come play with us in court if you make it down.  While I'm not the GM any more I'm sure you are more than welcome to come join.  If you want to be guest cast, let me know when you are coming down and we'll work it out.  See you then.

I'd love to play with the court, but it depends if I can have a costume by then. I don't have my own noble garb and our costume shop isn't crazy about us taking their costumes where they can't control what happens to them, if we even have a costume by the time your faire roles around. I'll have to see what happens then but I will try!

BubbleWright

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery