News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Crafters' Heads-up for MNRF

Started by groomporter, February 08, 2010, 04:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

I got our booth license agreement in the mail over the weekend and when I called to ask Theresa about a typo, I was told she is no longer with Mid America Festivals and was I referred to the voice mail for an "Adrian/"Adrienne"? It didn't make any mention of a new person in the included info.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lady L

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Lady L

I received mine Sat, Feb. 13. The letter was dated Feb. 8. The timeline sheet says at the very top, that contracts will go out in Jan.  ???

The new craft director is Adrienne.

Random Girl

It's actually a former festie.  She used to work with the puppet troupe.  She's awesome (it also helps that she's probably one of my closest friends) Be nice kids.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

groomporter

I just called MAF about our booth passes and was told Adrienne was no "longer with the company." Someone named Beverly has replaced her as the crafts contact person, Beverly did not know what happened to Adrienne.

Lady Nicolette

Keep us posted, I'm starting to collect all the info I need for passes and such for our crew there.  It would be nice to know who to ask for...
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

groomporter

Beverly seems to be the replacement, don't know here, her voice made it sound like she was older "middle aged??"

Lady L

groomporter

Nope, a little disturbing to be on our third person in that position in less than 12 months.

DeadBishop

It's like their playing hot potato with the position...

R/F.com member since 2003

groomporter

Yeah sounds like part of the problem is that the position has become Craft Coordinator as well as Office(orifiice?) Manager, when for decades it was just craft coordinator duties.

fortryllelsestudios

Wow...maybe a vortex has opened up in the office and all the marketplace directors are getting sucked into it. 

groomporter

Word is we have yet another new crafts contact person, haven't heard the name yet.

Random Girl

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Lady L

groomporter

Got the info from David who runs the Folkstone Hall craft museum.

Castle Canine Creations

Susan is the name of the new craft person. I called because we are using a cart this year and was suprised (well not really) that it was yet another person in charge. LOL
Castle Canine Creations & Celtic Cords
Bill & Charlene
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Nikita

Everyday is a challenge and gift

groomporter

Meh, frustrated maybe, but this has been S.O.P for the last 2-3 years.

fortryllelsestudios

We were planning to come back this year and apparently our paperwork was lost betwixt Beverly and whomever was before her and when I called I was told they never received my information so we were dropped.   ::)  Uncle already.  No email, no phone call.  Sent with signature verification via priority mail.  Its scary to invest so much in this economy and have so many little daggers coming at you.  Having said so, MNRF is my favorite show.  I really miss it.

Noble Dreg

Are you coming back in spite of the issues???  Would love to see you back at MNRF!!!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady L

I heard (can't remember where) that they found a bunch of applications/payments stuffed in a drawer.

They received mine, but wouldnt' answer the phone or email when I repeatedly asked where my passes were. We finally went to the office, a few days before the show opened. They handed R the loose passes and put the envelope back on the shelf. ???

Nikita

We just got the 2011 new crafter packet

groomporter

Is that the application to be a crafter?

Nikita

Yep, with Jury dates and all that good stuff