News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Size of signature

Started by Master James, May 28, 2008, 04:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

When I first created my signature it was like 250 characters or so and now its set down to 120.  I'd like to update some other things but don't want to lose my current signature.  How can I do that or is 120 now the max regardless and if I change one thing I lose my signature?  Please let me know.  Thanks.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

DeadBishop

The signature lines will probably be going away shortly with an update to the site, as there have been a number of formatting issues with them. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Escarlata

Dem, and signatures lines were one of the things that made all the changes bearable.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Master James

If there is any way we can keep them that would be really nice.  I think a lot of people really like them.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Ann of Draycott

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 28, 2008, 09:03:24 PM
The signature lines will probably be going away shortly with an update to the site, as there have been a number of formatting issues with them. 
Well, that's a bummer... :'( 
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

DeadBishop

If we do manage to keep the signature lines, there will only be a small amount of room for text, as some people's signature lines are bigger than the posts they make.  We're trying to keep from having mile long pages to scroll through because of large signature lines.

Lady_Glorianna

maybe if there was a text box or someting attached to the profiles so that just like in the old board, when you went to see a member's profile you could get those "personal" details...
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

DeadBishop

Unfortunately we haven't found a way to "hack" or modify the profiles in order to add more information to them. 

Lady_Glorianna

Just thought I would put it out there....Many thanks for trying and all that you do. :D
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Leyla

As long as we have avatars I'm happy!

I've only not added a siggy yet because I can't think of anything clever to put there.  I agree with the formatting, I don't like scrolling past lines and lines and lines of repeated information in signatures to get through the posts.

Var Greyshadow

As long as we get to keep the text on the left under our avatars, we can at least still have our titles like on the old forum.  The signature line is neat, but no big deal if it has to go.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"