News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Toronto Renaissance Festival

Started by Aelynn of Georgina, February 10, 2010, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelynn of Georgina

The Renaissance Festival at Casa Loma is Thursday, July 1st through Sunday, July 4th this year.  I'm wondering what the sort of impact the Canada Day holiday will have?  I know from experience that planning events around that holiday usually results in lower attendance than usual, but I wonder how much it affect this festival, being in a downtown core.  There are usually many tourists at this festival because they aren't even aware of the festival going on and having heard the comments first hand last year, most of them think it's great!

Definitely looking forward to it. :)

SwordintheStoneCrafts

Is it really? Where'd you hear this? Given the poor numbers last year I don't think I want to stretch that torture over four days this year, and may very likely give it a pass this time.

btw, it's the "Casa Loma Renaissance Festival", not the "Toronto Renaissance Festival" ;)

cheers,
Adam
fine leathergoods for the new renaissance

LadyJuliana

Yes, Casa Loma is 4 days this year. It's always on the Canada Day weekend though, so it shouldn't affect attendance any differently  :D

Did you notice attendance down last year, Adam? I only got to go one day, but it seemed normal to me.