News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Woohoo!! 4th of July!

Started by ladiedragon, May 28, 2008, 06:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladiedragon

Here we come! This will be Rage and mines first time to Bristol. Looking forward to meeting peoples out there! We already got our hotel room and tickets so we are set to go! yay!

beeboy

ladie, are you and rage going on opening day? if so...your definetly gonna chill with Erynn and me

ladiedragon

Opening day is the 5th right? We will be there both days for sure. Saturday we'll be there all day and sunday we should be there till almost close.

beeboy

I'm only gonna be there the 5th.  I can't speak for Erynn, but I'm pretty sure she's only doing the 5th also.  I don't really have that much extra cash to go two days, especially if I want to make it to Sterling

ladiedragon

Cool! Look forward to meeting you and seeing erynn again for some fun!

Erynn

I will be there for the 5th for sure, dunno about the 6th. Once Bee figures out where he's busing to and when, I'll be able to plan my arrival/stay. Wouldn't mind staying over the 4th though, since I'm not looking forward to leaving at 6am. But we'll see.

BTW LD, I still have that bodice chiller. If you ever need it/want it back, let me know.  :D

Oh, and where are you guys staying? Is it expensive?

beeboy

well due to the LONGNESS of my bus ride...If I leave fort lauderdale the nite of the 2nd, I'll get there the morning of the 4th.  So unless we make 4th plans to hang out/sleep somewhere...I'll probably go into Chicago for most of the 4th to check it out.

One way or another...I don't have money to pitch in for a hotel.  Which means....I get to practice floor-sleeping.  *sarcastic yay*

ladiedragon

Quote from: Erynn on May 28, 2008, 07:31:33 PM
I will be there for the 5th for sure, dunno about the 6th. Once Bee figures out where he's busing to and when, I'll be able to plan my arrival/stay. Wouldn't mind staying over the 4th though, since I'm not looking forward to leaving at 6am. But we'll see.

BTW LD, I still have that bodice chiller. If you ever need it/want it back, let me know.  :D

Oh, and where are you guys staying? Is it expensive?

We will be staying in Racine,WI at the Ramada Limited the hotel for friday and saturday night where about 150.00 total..and it still would only be about 20 minute drive for us to get to the grounds.. maybe we'll meet you at or before opening gates

Erynn

Sounds like fun. :) I'm going to have Sam look at nearby Holiday Inns (or anywhere she gets a discount) to see if I can get the friends and family discount. Still will be a bit up there since its a holiday, but hopefully it will be better.

And we definitely need a meet up place. :)

ladiedragon

Quote from: Erynn on May 28, 2008, 11:06:08 PM
Sounds like fun. :) I'm going to have Sam look at nearby Holiday Inns (or anywhere she gets a discount) to see if I can get the friends and family discount. Still will be a bit up there since its a holiday, but hopefully it will be better.

And we definitely need a meet up place. :)

I had been looking around closer to fair and the ones that i found were almost 300.00 some dollars for two nights. but i hope you can find something that isnt to much.

beeboy

well unless ladiedragon or erynn is down with me crashing on the hotel floor...I'll probably just walk to Bristol from the greyhound station the nite of the 4th, find a comfy secluded area, and sleep there

Erynn

I'm thinking camping. Lol.

ETA: Pkay, maybe not camping. Unless locals know of some good places? Looked at all the ones on Bristols site.

Rage

Quote from: beeboy on May 29, 2008, 12:03:19 AM
well unless ladiedragon or erynn is down with me crashing on the hotel floor...I'll probably just walk to Bristol from the greyhound station the nite of the 4th, find a comfy secluded area, and sleep there

Sorry Beeboy but crashing in LD & my hotel room is out of the question. Time to ourselves and all, besides we are staying 20 minutes away from Bristol. its way out from the bus station.

beeboy

No worries.

So....should we all meet up at the gates at a certain time?

Rage

I think that LD & I will try to be there before the gates open. Its both of our first time at Bristol so we are sort of lost as to what to do.