News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Woohoo!! 4th of July!

Started by ladiedragon, May 28, 2008, 06:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beeboy

its first time for Erynn and me too.  What time do gates open?

Rage

...lol... don't know. I think I will be looking at their website tonight.

Oh and this is us:

I will be a pirate but LD might be in her other garb.

beeboy

thats me, minus the banner and bee wings

Erynn

Sam will be checking in on rates for me tomorrow, but I'll probably be staying in Milwaukee. The hotels she gets her discount in closer to faire are full. Too bad she's not coming. I could get a room for $50 a night! If I can get a good discount on a room, I'll be there Sat and Sun, otherwise it'll just be Sat.

And I have no clue what garb I'll be wearing yet.

Oh, and hours are 10 to 7.

beeboy

so we meet up at lik 9 or 9:30

ladiedragon

Erynn, we gonna have fun at Bristol! We'll meet up somewhere.. All I know is that I have to see Moonie first show in the morning. So what time are you planning on being in the vicinity of Bristol, if you know?

Lady Renee Buchanan

A few years ago we got a great price on Priceline, like $30 or $35.  And the hotel was La Quinta, which was really nice.  Milwaukee is kind of far.  Even Racine would be closer.  We will look forward to seeing you there.  As the date gets closer, I'll set up the meet and greet for all interested. ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Erynn

LD, I will hopefully know a bit more tomorrow after Sam checks at work. Its about a 5 hour drive to Bristol so I'll probably try to get to the hotel early evening. Will we have more water fights in the parking lot and mead licking? Hehe.

Renee, I checked Priceline, but the cheapest I can get close by is $69 for a 1 star that doesn't look that great. (I'm kind of scarred. I stayed at the Canterbury Inn during RenDezvous last year and found a roach in my room) Sam works for Holiday Inn so I can get a cheaper rate. Or I should be able to. I'll know more tomorrow.

ladiedragon

Quote from: Erynn on May 29, 2008, 09:58:06 PM
LD, I will hopefully know a bit more tomorrow after Sam checks at work. Its about a 5 hour drive to Bristol so I'll probably try to get to the hotel early evening. Will we have more water fights in the parking lot and mead licking? Hehe.

Renee, I checked Priceline, but the cheapest I can get close by is $69 for a 1 star that doesn't look that great. (I'm kind of scarred. I stayed at the Canterbury Inn during RenDezvous last year and found a roach in my room) Sam works for Holiday Inn so I can get a cheaper rate. Or I should be able to. I'll know more tomorrow.

Well let us know where your staying for sure! ;D

Rage

Quote from: Erynn on May 29, 2008, 09:58:06 PM

Erynn, there is an American inn over in Belle Plaine (Where LD & I currently live) http://www.exploreminnesota.com/listing.aspx?EntityID=2899

Its fairly close to MNRF and its only a couple years old. Just a thought if you stay up this year.

So jumping to the other part of the post.....Mead Licking??? I never heard about that....lol...

Erynn

Thanks for the link Rage. I'll check it out. Sam and I stayed in the AmericInn right across from the Canterbury Inn and it was really nice.

As for the mead licking... LD might be able to explain  ;)

Rage

hehehe... I have seen that pic.

Erynn

Room is booked. :) And since Sam won't be there (unless she miraculously gets the weekend off without asking) I'll either be:

Pirate Ricki

Or wearing my Moresca:

Haven't decided yet.

skrid the brown

Look for Lady and sarah to be there as well.  Look forward to meeting everyone!!!

Apropos

Bristol is my home faire so if there are any questions one needs answered, I will try my best to answer them.

Front gate opens at 10:00 am but the gate to faire opens around 9ish...depending on the mood of the gatekeeper.  It costs three dollars to park in the closest parking lot but there is a free parking lot a bit further away.