News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New garb or accesories?

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, February 14, 2010, 12:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

hi Everyone

Faire season is getting close and I hope you are all as excited as Toki and I are for it to start.

I thought I would see who plans on having new garb, pieces of grab and accerorises for their garb.

Once again I will have a new dress. Once again done by the talented Lady Kathleen. This one will be modeled after a Katherine of Aragon dress done in a forest green. It will have false sleeves and long outtr sleeves and the thing I am really exicted about a Gabled Hood done HA.

I will also have new pirate grab so Tanda YOU ARE correct in many ways. I have leggings and a buckled leather corset and then a thin off the shoulder chemise/blouse and then my pirate jacket which will be in burgundy and black and be a dash of Renaissance style mixed onto a pirate jacket with a flared skirting at the bottem of the jacket. The upper sleeves will be princes and the lower will be slashed giving it that Renaissance look. I hope to have new boots that are thigh high. Finding a pair that fits my aircraft carrier feet isn't easy and I am 0 - 2 and a third pair coming. They are very low heel and look great... if they fit.

Toki will have a new doublet done in blue and two or maybe three pair of Ventician pants. One to go with each of his three outfits (His pants last year were a little painful to wear as they were to tight so he is going the Venitian route) He will have a King James styled tall hat and will still wear his Conquistador helmet a few times (No breast plate this year).

We both got new swords (matching) They are combat quality and do have edges but that doesn't matter. They are German Side swords and are perfectly balanced. Got them from Kult of Athena. I hope to have atleast 1 and hopefully 2 flintlock pistols for the pirate outfit.

So looking forward to faire and wearing new garb.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Adriana Rose

Dont you love getting new goodies!

Tanda

I will probably have new garb; if I reach all my goals for this year, none of the old garb will fit. As it is, most of it is a little big anyway. So, we'll see. I have no idea what I'll do. Although, if anyone needs a leather and steel bodice, I'd consider a trade. I had it taken in last year and don't want to have to do it again.

But the hat will stay.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

I am sewing on the final buttons for a captain's coat, modeled after the to-for-ones from Samiah.  I'll probably be doing another captain's coat, and I have a few bits that go with it (a few debuted at TRF, so I guess it's not entirely new).

I have a few other ideas and plans in the works, but I'm not expecting much to be actually done in time for the Colorado faire.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Spleen

Sean Daniels - will NOT be wearing tights the first day of faire, and will be a total twist on the entire persona. May carry over to the second day, (but first weekend only) ......... ahh,  first day suspense!

CaptDungeonSpleen - When available, will have half an added accessory. Seen by a few so far.
*Sneak peak Monday, March 15th (the Ides of March) from 5-9 pm on tv, Rocky Mountain PBS volunteer Phone Bank*

Other personas will remain the same - Gunnar Rennir - Dane McPearson

A yet to be named new character is a strong possibility.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

It will just be the same old Elizabeth and the same old Zoë this year.  If I buy any garb it will have to happen after the season starts.  I wish I could bring Fritzie out to play this season but, alas.  She does not quite fit inside my booth.  However, I have contemplated working on a new--bigger--hat for Zoë, which could potentially appear before opening cannon, we'll see.  I believe Zoë should like to get out of the packing crate more than once or twice this season.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

how about old garb.....?

This jerkin fits again.    ;D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"

Demetrius

I have a magic machine to give me all new garb...

I call it Maytag...

Maytag can make your jerkin a whole new size if you wish...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Norfolk

The Baroness and I have just returned from the Arizona festival where she acquired a wondrous new mask for Mardi Gras weekend.  I acquired the bill.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

As all good Barons should for their Baroness :)
"The Metal Maiden"

The Professor

The Professor is looking for a good price on a large brass Fireman's Trumpet... My voice got a little strained last year intoning the soft and dulcet cry of...

MUSIC LESSON! C SHARP OR B FLAT!
MAKE WAY FOR THE ROYAL PARADE!
RENAISSANCE S-U-V, COMING THROUGH!
TO THE ELEPHANT, YOU ARE A SQUEAKY TOY!
MAKE WAY FOR THEIR ROYAL MAJESTIES' CARRIAGE!

Mommy and Daddy don't love you, do they?

CLEAR THE ROAD!

If anyone sees one, reproductions are sold as decorations, do let me know?  Not quite period, but neither is roadkill.

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"

Adriana Rose

Try a giant cowbell, that clears a path lol.

I had all these grand plans of new skirts and bodices for mom and I, and new shirts for my little guy but now we are planning on moving into a bigger house so all non essentail projects are on the back burner