News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New garb or accesories?

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, February 14, 2010, 12:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

auntiegiggles

Quote from: Baron on April 21, 2010, 04:36:12 PM
Oh please do come!  We stand ready to welcome you heartily -- AND show you which privies will accommodate your court gown.   ;)
[/quote

That would be much appreciated!  We are currently planning the trip down.  So unless something major comes up we will be there!  I can't wait to spend my birthday at the a Ren Faire!!!   ;D
Everything goes better with giggles

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Blushing on April 21, 2010, 11:35:44 PM
I know this photo is rather awful ... but I still can't get the time on my camera to work!  This coat was a project a friend and I have been working off and on for a long while (we both have crazy busy schedules).  The dark red material has fine black scrolls, and the buttons are winged dragons with fish tails.

you just made that so you could hang out with Spleen all day, didn't you?  admit!
now you have to learn to scowl and swagger and curse and drink....and drink.....and drink.....

I can hear it now....  "Here comes Blushing.  Hide the Rum!"
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Norfolk

Quote from: auntiegiggles on April 22, 2010, 03:06:23 PM
Quote from: Baron on April 21, 2010, 04:36:12 PM
Oh please do come!  We stand ready to welcome you heartily -- AND show you which privies will accommodate your court gown.   ;)
[/quote

That would be much appreciated!  We are currently planning the trip down.  So unless something major comes up we will be there!  I can't wait to spend my birthday at the a Ren Faire!!!   ;D

EXCELLENT!  Our gates open at 10 AM, but there is typically a gathering of playtrons near the ticket booths starting at about 9:30 or so.  We will look forward to seeing you there.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Blushing

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on April 22, 2010, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Blushing on April 21, 2010, 11:35:44 PM
I know this photo is rather awful ... but I still can't get the time on my camera to work!  This coat was a project a friend and I have been working off and on for a long while (we both have crazy busy schedules).  The dark red material has fine black scrolls, and the buttons are winged dragons with fish tails.

you just made that so you could hang out with Spleen all day, didn't you?  admit!
now you have to learn to scowl and swagger and curse and drink....and drink.....and drink.....

I can hear it now....  "Here comes Blushing.  Hide the Rum!"

Scowl?  Swagger?  Curse?  Not me ...

Although Blushing isn't very fitting for a piratical lass ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Turns out I have some new garb after all!  MaritaBeth at Pendragon has modified my hot-weather doublet with shiny new buttons, and I got a new Tudor flat cap from Tall Toad to match.

All of which makes me even more anxious for Festival to begin.  I'm TIRED of living in Mundania, and want to get dressed and go "home"!

Toki Bloodaxe

You said it, Baron!! I am also anxious for Faire to begin!!

holierthanthou

Unfortunately I will not be bringing my newest charcter out this year.  Ran out of funds, but the good thing is that no matter how old I get, I can still play her when I get done.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Toki Bloodaxe

I know how you feel Nunnie. I was going to bring my new character, Angus MacBloodthirsty, out this year...but I cannot afford a kilt or any recently severed heads.....so, I guess it will wait. But! I can still be the same old peace-loving and non-confrontational Toki Bloodaxe this year. Huzzahh?

Norfolk

Quote from: holierthanthou on May 02, 2010, 06:50:43 PM
Unfortunately I will not be bringing my newest charcter out this year.  Ran out of funds, but the good thing is that no matter how old I get, I can still play her when I get done.

More's the pity!  Who will you be instead?

Demetrius

Quote from: Baron on May 03, 2010, 09:26:43 AM
Quote from: holierthanthou on May 02, 2010, 06:50:43 PM

More's the pity!  Who will you be instead?

She might be Sister Mary Clarity... in some capacity... or she won't, and will be something else. Hopefully she'll still be my Sister. However, if she doesn't, then chances are she won't. Either way there is hope. I learned about hope while watching television- it's this whole new thing from the future. Or was that Shakespeare?! Hmmm...

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Norfolk

She might be Sister Mary Clarity... in some capacity... or she won't, and will be something else. Hopefully she'll still be my Sister. However, if she doesn't, then chances are she won't. Either way there is hope. I learned about hope while watching television- it's this whole new thing from the future. Or was that Shakespeare?! Hmmm...

[/quote]

I'm beginning to suspect that teriyaki sauce, perhaps combined with excess heat, can be neurotoxic.

Demetrius

Quote from: Baron on May 05, 2010, 09:58:32 PM

I'm beginning to suspect that teriyaki sauce, perhaps combined with excess heat, can be neurotoxic.

Ooh, "neurotoxic" must be a fancy word for "delicious."

"Combined with excess heat [and chicken]..." 
    :)
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

holierthanthou

As time will only tell, I'm looking for a booth to work in.  Have a few leads.  Will see what happens.  If not, I may not be at festival this year.  We lost our dog sitter and it might just be a sign for me to stay home.  I'm not to concerned either way.  Sad thing is if I don't get a job, Demetrius will be alone in the campground as everyone else we know is not camping this year.  Hope the bears don't eat him.  I'd be awful lonesome.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: holierthanthou on May 06, 2010, 01:44:17 PM
As time will only tell, I'm looking for a booth to work in.  Have a few leads.  Will see what happens.  If not, I may not be at festival this year.  We lost our dog sitter and it might just be a sign for me to stay home.  I'm not to concerned either way.  Sad thing is if I don't get a job, Demetrius will be alone in the campground as everyone else we know is not camping this year.  Hope the bears don't eat him.  I'd be awful lonesome.

I do believe that Red-N-Yellow is planning to camp. He'll be building a shelter out of cheap @$$ beer cans.  and don't worry. the bears won't eat Deme. he's got no meat on him. ;D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke