News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New garb or accesories?

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, February 14, 2010, 12:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

"The bears won't eat Deme. he's got no meat on him."

Why that kettle is black, quoth the pot!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

My new pirate jacket is done as is the shirt for it. I should have it next week. Ladt Kathleen did it all. Now she works on my Katherine of Aragon inspired dress and gabled hood and Toki's garb

Finished Jacket

Sleeve detail

Unfinished sleeve

Closeup of shirt/chmise
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on May 06, 2010, 02:38:44 PM
Quote from: holierthanthou on May 06, 2010, 01:44:17 PM
As time will only tell, I'm looking for a booth to work in.  Have a few leads.  Will see what happens.  If not, I may not be at festival this year.  We lost our dog sitter and it might just be a sign for me to stay home.  I'm not to concerned either way.  Sad thing is if I don't get a job, Demetrius will be alone in the campground as everyone else we know is not camping this year.  Hope the bears don't eat him.  I'd be awful lonesome.

I do believe that Red-N-Yellow is planning to camp. He'll be building a shelter out of cheap @$$ beer cans.  and don't worry. the bears won't eat Deme. he's got no meat on him. ;D

Sadly, beer cans have been banished from the camp ground.

Huzzah for red-n-yellow!!  Does this mean he wants to sleep under the camper again?

Quote from: Baron on May 06, 2010, 02:46:25 PM
"The bears won't eat Deme. he's got no meat on him."

Why that kettle is black, quoth the pot!

I could see how a bit of teriyaki on the arms might make one appear berry-tree-ish, and yeah, watch what hey-a-u says... I hear he likes to make things up that aren't true...
  :D

p.s. (since this is a garb thread)  Huzzah to your new pirate jacket LD!
p.s.s. I particularly like the "Acme Adjustable."

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Norfolk

Avan

Lady De Lany the pirate garb is exquisite just like all of your other outfits.

Jonas_MacPherson

Lady De Lany,

Beautiful garb. As the others have said before me.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks all. And my Katherine of Aragon dress with gabled hood should make it's apperance opening day. The pirate jacket will be for a few visits and I should have complete photo's of it by weeks end, minus a flintlock :(
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on May 10, 2010, 12:17:27 PM
Thanks all. And my Katherine of Aragon dress with gabled hood should make it's apperance opening day. The pirate jacket will be for a few visits and I should have complete photo's of it by weeks end, minus a flintlock :(

Will you be de Laney of Aragon, then?

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I will be COUNTESS Isabella Katerina Marina Montalban Spanish embasador from his MOST Royal majesty King Charles the I of Spain
"The Metal Maiden"

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Lady de Laney on May 10, 2010, 01:55:38 PM
I will be COUNTESS Isabella Katerina Marina Montalban Spanish embasador from his MOST Roral majesty King Charles the I of Spain

Lord, there's a mouthful. Hmm...should probably name my privateer one day.

Norfolk

I will be COUNTESS Isabella Katerina Marina Montalban Spanish embasador from his MOST Royal majesty King Charles the I of Spain

Well met, Countess!

holierthanthou

Don't forget your birth certificate.  (just a laugh guys)
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Demetrius

Not sure if it counts for garb- I just made new wheels for my cart!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

holierthanthou

Quote from: Demetrius on May 10, 2010, 11:49:10 PM
When you are out of Italian, it is always with you.  Like Skidmark's cart.  It's a part of your persona. It counts.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Norfolk

Quote from: holierthanthou on May 11, 2010, 05:46:34 PM
Quote from: Demetrius on May 10, 2010, 11:49:10 PM
When you are out of Italian, it is always with you.  Like Skidmark's cart.  It's a part of your persona. It counts.

The goode sister speaks truth!