News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Most annoying question at faire? and your answer.

Started by Queen Bonnie, February 14, 2010, 03:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on February 18, 2010, 02:17:28 PM
I'm an identical twin, so I get some of these in regular life too.

Q: Are you a twin?
A: oh my gosh, you can see her too?  She's my imaginary friend.

That's full of awesome!   ;D
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Ginette

I get a lot of question about Queen Bonnie as well.  I'm usually telling a story of something that happen at faire or a gathering she was at.  Everyone asks what she is the queen of and don't get the fact that she is the queen of everything ... yes EVERYTHING.  The person will ask how she can be the queen of everything and I'll reply that "That's why she's the queen and you aren't".  I do so love the queen!   ;D
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

LadyElizabeth

Teehee, well I suppose I can't actually claim it, my twin came up with that one and she's constantly calling me her imaginary friend...  kind of makes me feel inferior!!  You guys can see me, right?  lol
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Ian Maxwell

Quotefrom LadyElizabeth "You guys can see me, right?  lol"

Where'd you go?

LadyElizabeth

I'm imaginary....  so only Rachel can see me...
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Red the pirate

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

LadyElizabeth

Oh hey, maybe that's it!!  Rachel's imaginary world has seriously grown!!!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Red the pirate

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Becky10

I never have good responses to strange experiences. During one of the hotter days i was ringing my hoop like a bell and standing under spritzers to keep from getting too hot a man at one of the booths asked "Isn't that thing hot!?" to which i could only laugh.

The other time while enjoying my lunch i was pulled backwards and when i turned there was an older woman attached to my bum roll squeezing and tugging, she finally released me and shocked by my confused expression told me "I was only trying to see what made your skirt come out". Shocking thing is she was the second woman to do that to me!
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Dinobabe

Why is it that people think it's OK (without permission) to touch, pull, feel, poke, and prod you just because you are in "costume"!?
All they have to do is ask.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Drac

Quote from: Muffin on February 16, 2010, 12:52:28 PM
I get the usual questions too.. Are you hot in that, which the answer is usually just "yes" I can never think of anything witty to say to that question.. how do you breathe, my answer, "very carefully"..  :o

Look at them with the best bedroom eyes and ask "Can't you tell?"

Amy and I always get asked wear is ...?  We get the most outraged looks (as in than why are you dressed up) when we say that we don't know because we don't work there.

Drac
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Carl Heinz

Quote from: Dinobabe on February 22, 2010, 07:38:52 PM
Why is it that people think it's OK (without permission) to touch, pull, feel, poke, and prod you just because you are in "costume"!?
And then there are the folks who think their kids should be able to go for a ride on Lightning.  Sorry folks, but it ain't sturdy enough.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

KeeperoftheBar

[/quote]
And then there are the folks who think their kids should be able to go for a ride on Lightning.  Sorry folks, but it ain't sturdy enough.
[/quote]

I haven't had that happen to me yet.  Of course StudMuffin is not as powerful a steed as Lightning.  However StudMuffin has the ability to neigh, whinny and move his nose.  Small ones get a kick out of causing it to happen.   Some larger ones also.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Finnian

Quote from: Dinobabe on February 22, 2010, 07:38:52 PM

Because I'm furry, have horns that aren't on a string/chord/headband, have hoof-hands and feet...a LOT of people ask if they can PET me, or feel my horns, etc. Unless they look like a TOTAL creeper, I let it fly as long as it isn't in a naughty place. I'm always nervous a kid will try to rip my horns off, which would HURT like a mofo, but so far no one's tried, most kids just assume they're real. Is it sad that when I've done prosthetics along my entire face before, it's the PARENTS that have ripped half my skin off, not the kids?

ArielCallista

wait...how are your horns attached?! I'm quite intrigued!
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.