News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Connectivity issues (Used to be - Issue with castle of the day

Started by Justin, February 10, 2010, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Don't know if this is related to your issue but I have to attempt every link twice because the first time I get a standard "may not be connected to internet" but the second time is always successful.

My computer is slow, ugly, and stupid though this is only occuring on this site.

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: Justin on February 10, 2010, 07:04:47 PM
Don't know if this is related to your issue but I have to attempt every link twice because the first time I get a standard "may not be connected to internet" but the second time is always successful.

My computer is slow, ugly, and stupid though this is only occuring on this site.

I have noticed that mine's been doing the same thing, just on this site...Hmmm
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Tom

Hi all,

Could anyone that's having connectivity problems let me know who their internet providers are? you can PM them to me if you don't want to post it publically. I've been having some random issues since a problem last week and I'm trying to track it down and this would help.
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

NoBill Lurker

I'm going to BARF!!!

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

Noticed some connectivity issues here as well.

Qwest is my provider, and I run Firefox and Safari.

R/F.com member since 2003

dbaldock

I've been having connectivity issues for the last few days --- same symptoms described above - the first click on a link usually times out, but if I click the link once, then click on Stop, then click the link a second time, the page loads immediately.

I've seen it at work at NASA - Johnson Space Center here in Houston (not sure how they connect to the Internet), using Firefox 3.5.7 on the NASA specific load of WinXP Pro, 32-Bit.

I've also seen it at home on Comcast Cable Internet, using Opera 10.10 on OpenSUSE 11.2, Linux 2.6.31.12-0.1-default x86_64.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Justin

Time Warner Cable in Austin.

I've gotten so that I just click the link again before it has a chance to error out.  Not really a problem for me but I hope you get it sorted out.

DonaCatalina

The forum looked weird a few times, like plain text links, yesterday but I was able to navigate and post.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tammy

My provider is At&t, and I use Firefox. I've been getting the same thing as the others. Having to click twice, or refresh because it times out. I've also gotten the plain text like Lady Dona Catalina.
It usually doesn't bug me, but since I found this topic I thought I'd chime in.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Tom

We've made a networking change. Could every one that's had page load problems let me know if it's the same or better?
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

DeadBishop

Better, but I'm still noticing some delay that seems to be less consistent than previously. 

R/F.com member since 2003

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: Deadbishop on February 15, 2010, 01:44:10 PM
Better, but I'm still noticing some delay that seems to be less consistent than previously. 

I'm getting the same here, still a great improvement!  ;D
I'm going to BARF!!!

Escarlata

Still getting the problem here as of 11:20pm using Comcast for internet service and Firefox 3.5.7
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Lady Rebecca

Mine has been having problems as well. I use Brighthouse Networks on Firefox.