News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Connectivity issues (Used to be - Issue with castle of the day

Started by Justin, February 10, 2010, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

I use Cox Cable with Firefox, and it's been doing this for well over a week, maybe 10 days. Looks like Firefox is predominantly the browser being used by those of us who have reported a problem here.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

I use Verizon, IE with windows Vista on one computer and AT&T with firefox and windows XP IE on another computer. I have the same issues regardless.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Captain Jack Wolfe

I'm getting numerous timeout errors regardless of network (IBM, AT&T, Comcast), OS (XP, WIn7), and browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

lys1022

AT&T with IE at work
FIOS with Firefox at home

Running about 50% connectivity.  I'll click and it will either just sit there, not acknowledging the click or it will go to a "can't connect with that page" error.  If I click a second time, it works just fine.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

meauho

Same here:
Home: Sprint Aircard, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
College: Comcast, IE, Firefox
"New ideas are always suspected, and usually opposed,without any other reason but because they are not already common."

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I'm using Verizon Fios,it ALWAYS takes atleast 2 trys to get on or move about.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

angusmacinnes

It has been doing that to me on any computer I get on and I use many different ones.  Seems like it started not long after the server upgrade. 
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

dbaldock

I haven't noticed any improvement here at home.  Don't know whether there was any improvement at work today, since I was too busy to login to the Forums.

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT:  The Forum hangs/delays and time outs that I still saw yesterday, Tuesday, 16-Feb-10 at home (Houston Comcast Cable) are also still evident today, Wednesday, 17-Feb-10 at work (NASA - JSC).
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

NoBill Lurker

I've noticed that roaming around the site is OK most of the time with a few random time outs, but trying to post in a thread is not fun at all...
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

DeadBishop

Posts do seem to take awhile to update after hitting the "post" button. 

R/F.com member since 2003

DonaCatalina

I tried several posts yesterday just to measure the different responses. About 45% posted normally.
About 10% gave me the 'could not connect please diagnose connectivity problem'
About 35% gave me a blank page but when I went back the post was there.
About 10% gave the 'sql server has gone away'
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Of course it happens right after I saw it not happening as much.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Tom

I want to thank everyone for replying, it's bee VERY helpful. We've made some more changes, if everyone could let me know how it's working now I'd really and truly appreciate it!
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Anna Iram

Whatever you did, I think you fixed it!  :) So far this morning, no problems at all. Maybe a little slow still, but no error message.