News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

twilight saga

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, February 17, 2010, 09:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

alright so after avoiding the twilight saga like it was the plague(I'm one of those people who doesn't follow all the hype) i finally got the series(after a good friend suggested it to me) i wound up getting the first three books that day knowing how i am with book series. I opened twilight and first i thought i can put this down(bye the time i went to bed i had read half the book) a few weeks later and i've got roughly two hundred pages left in breaking dawn. I haven't seen any of the movies and don't want to until i'm finished reading but i've also heard that i won't like the movies i've also heard that i'll love them too. anyone watched twilight and new moon and what do you think of the movies
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

LadyShadow

My thoughts... I liked Twilight the movie until I read the book.  Then the movie became a big disappoint for me.  I have also seen New Moon.  Where they leave some things out and dont well explain others in the movie, it was still a lot better than Twilight.  But then again, the book was WAY better.  Best of luck on finding your views on it.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Trillium

The movies are alright on their own (New Moon was much better than Twilight), but they sometimes seriously deviate from the books.  My niece introduced us to them before the madness started and most of my family has read them, including my brother and husband.
Got faerie dust?

Tammy

I loved the books. I enjoyed the movies. It's hard, but I try to watch the movies as separate from the books...books are ALWAYS better.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah now that i am done reading the whole series i totally loved it. and want to see the movies to satisfy my curiosity i know i rather read a book then see the movie because i know they change so much about a book but i also have my qualms about it too. i just hope i don't hate the movies
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari