News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season -- Let The Countdown Begin!!

Started by kcdcchef, February 17, 2010, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Allright fellow KCRF'esters, it is time to begin dreaming of another autumn in Canterbury! Wondering what the Maestro and company will have in store for us this fall. I have been checking their webpage to see when they will release the schedule, although we all pretty much know exactly when it will be, and to see what the scenario will be in 2010.

What's everyone want to see this season? Go away, come back, etc, etc. Me personally I am hoping to see Tartanic back, but they have been gone for several seasons, but I would love em' back. OOh, and I would really like it if the joust continues to improve. I have been in contact with people who run the joust, hoping and hoping they continue to try and bring some more of a story line to the actual joust. And for my last wish in 2010, the return of the Limey Birds!!

Anyone else??

TKM

Limey Birds and Tullamore. I miss them both dearly. Also there was once a jolly little band of bards called Tartan (not Tartanic, though they're awesome too) who I have been hoping would return for a long time.

Butch

Just looking forward to going again.  I spent a lot of time in my visit last year going to the Feaste of Fooles, which was OK, but cut into my other show times.

I'd like to see a rendition of Henry the V this year.  I didn't much care for the Shakespeare vs his Nemesis (whatever his/her name) that was the ongoing show last year.

This year I should try to visit more than one day, eh?

Aniroaldawen

I've been counting down to '10 KCRF since '09 KCRF ended. :-)

I'd also love to see the return of the Limeybirds...missed them last year for sure!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on February 20, 2010, 04:28:08 PM
I've been counting down to '10 KCRF since '09 KCRF ended. :-)

I'd also love to see the return of the Limeybirds...missed them last year for sure!

Their show never changes really, ( Limeybirds ) but if they have a good sized audience, they are fun as hell!! Same with Mental Pause. I am eagerly awaiting to see what is new with the chess match in 2010, that is always my favorite. That, and the pub sing. I plan my whoe day around those two events!

Butch

It was perfect faire weather this week!  ...well, up until today.  I hope it will be this nice when Canterbury opens this year!

Brother Gregory

Can't wait been ready since the day I left last year to go back again this year.

Craigmeister

If Tullamore isn't back, I again won't have the motivation to drive from Oklahoma.  The activities & attractions there are nice but I can't imagine going w/o hearing Mary, Rachel & Mark.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Craigmeister on April 05, 2010, 11:33:38 AM
If Tullamore isn't back, I again won't have the motivation to drive from Oklahoma.  The activities & attractions there are nice but I can't imagine going w/o hearing Mary, Rachel & Mark.

i have never actually heard tullamore, couldnt tell you if they are good or not. i can tell you there is plenty for me to do out there, i see acts i love come and go each season, like the other faires i frequent. but hearing you say that you wont go if they arent there makes me wanna check em out!

Craigmeister

They are the best!  One can find them on YouTube by searching for "Tullamore Kansas City".  Their website is www.tulamore.info/
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

bunnie

Hey all....

Sorry for the bad news. Found out today that due to budget constraints; The Limeybirds will not be appearing at KCRF this year.
I did speak with Maestro; he said if there was any chance he'd let me know asap.

Sorry to disappoint; none were sadder than we were!

We're still working on our fall schedule; check our website tour page for details. And also, feel free to contact KC management to let them know you'll miss us!

Keep in touch tho folks; via our website, facebook, carrier pigeon... www.limeybirds.com

kcdcchef

always so sad to see acts i enjoy leave. again, a good catalyst for me to see something new i suppose. hope there is any new shows this year. i will always get a swill pond show in, jolly rogers, chess, pub sing, but need other things to fill the time. hope they are doing something in the stead of limey birds. best of luck to you guys. this is a common theme on all renfest boards these days.

TKM

Quote from: kcdcchef on April 08, 2010, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: Craigmeister on April 05, 2010, 11:33:38 AM

i have never actually heard tullamore, couldnt tell you if they are good or not.
What do you mean? until last season, they always hosted the pub sing. of course you've seen them!

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on May 12, 2010, 11:06:58 AM

What do you mean? until last season, they always hosted the pub sing. of course you've seen them!

ahhh, so just never went to see their show then. last year ( and previous years too ) seems to me more musical blades are hosting than anything, with chuey so prevelant.

TKM

yeah, from what i understand, chuey had been let go from faire activity a while, and he suddenly reappeared at the pub sing a couple years ago causing quite an uproar... the blades are great and all but i do miss tullamore