News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season -- Let The Countdown Begin!!

Started by kcdcchef, February 17, 2010, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Hey, I just got back from the St Louis Ren Faire this weekend.  They've got a leg up on us with thier friends of the faire package!  Les Amis de Lyon, or something like that.  Did KCRF ever do this?  A special area with drinks, changing area, storage area, and special "members only" privvies?  If not, they should seriously look into it!  What a fantastic deal it was!

gem

They used to have something kind of similar; season passholders could gather in the gazebo near the jousting lists, and every season they threw a members-only breakfast for the season passholders, with great food, entertainment, and door prizes.  But the last year we went to the breakfast, the organizers actually polled us, and asked if we wanted the breakfast/perks or a better price on tickets, and we all voted for cheaper passes.

One thing we haven't ever done, but I want to someday, is to attend the pre-season fundraiser they do every year at the Old Stone Church in KC. It sounds kind of like a madrigal dinner, and it would be really fun to mingle with the cast indoors for once, with air conditioning!

Emerald Shaunassey

Looks like The Ladies of the Salty Kiss will be returning to the stages and lanes of Canterbury opening weekend ONLY - September 4-6.  More details later as they become available from the Maestro.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

TKM

i'm obviously past due for some faire activity; i've already been having the dreams. yes, i have weird recurring dreams of being in garb at some strange hybrid renfest/wild west faire thing....

Aniroaldawen

Quote from: TKM on June 08, 2010, 09:26:36 PM
i'm obviously past due for some faire activity; i've already been having the dreams. yes, i have weird recurring dreams of being in garb at some strange hybrid renfest/wild west faire thing....

Oh, I have faire dreams too! (Including one where Muslim women in full hijab were buying garb.)  ONLY THREE MORE MONTHS TO GO!!! :-)

Delireus

This will be my 3rd time here and I can't wait! I was wondering, if anyone's been, how was the Feast of Fooles? Can you tell me what its like and what goes on during it?

Also, I'd really love to see a relaxed weapons policy. This is one of only a handful of faires in the country that don't allow even peace tied weapons. It's really frustrating when you've got the perfect sword to complete your outfit but you can't wear one, you know?

But anyways, I'm pretty much counting down the days.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

I went to the Feaste of Fooles this last season, and I probably wouldn't do it again.  It was OK, but it interfered with all of the other shows I wanted to see.

The chow was good, and the show was alright.  They give out a nice ceramic mug.  I'm glad I went, but I probably won't be back to that event in the KCRF.

So, bottom line in my opinion is:  It's worth doing once.

Delireus

I think I'll give it a try then, thanks a lot :)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Don Quixote

I will walk the lanes at least one weekend this Fall.

Amyj

DQ, Good to see you back again!  We missed you last year!  Hopefully our one weekend to KCRF coincides with yours!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

kcdcchef

amen, good to see DQ again!!

now lets get finvarra back, he bailed on us.

Amyj

4 Weeks until KCRF starts!!!!  Woot!!!!!  (and about 8 ish until we make it there!!!)  :)
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

TKM

Quote from: Don Quixote on June 13, 2010, 07:57:27 AM
I will walk the lanes at least one weekend this Fall.
it's a shame to see you so little. I recall you being present every day in the past. Hopefully we will get to meet again. And everyone else who has already expressed intent to go; kcdcchef, amyj, delireus, we should all meet! the faire is by far best in groups.

Delireus

Most definitely. I can only go for one weekend though, the 25th which is the 4th weekend called the Romani Adventure. It's 2 hours away for me sadly.

On another note, has anyone been to the Great Plains faire in Wichita? I was thinking of checking it out.

http://www.greatplainsrenfest.com/
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

TKM

^yeah we'll definately meet up then. remind me if i dont remember to contact you by that time.

no, haven't been to the great plains fest yet, it always conflicts with KCRF so i'm never able to.