News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season -- Let The Countdown Begin!!

Started by kcdcchef, February 17, 2010, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

darn the luck, my only weekend this year will be closing weekend.

Delireus

Quote from: TKM on August 11, 2010, 07:10:11 PM
^yeah we'll definately meet up then. remind me if i dont remember to contact you by that time.

no, haven't been to the great plains fest yet, it always conflicts with KCRF so i'm never able to.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm very temped to go to Great Plains, it's only for 1 weekend, though it's 2 hours away (I'm in Manhattan) and it looks rather small. But might be fun :)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Craigmeister

If anyone wants to see Tullamore soon, they'll be performing at the Oklahoma Scottish Games in Tulsa on September 18th & 19th.  www.okscottishgames.org
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Aniroaldawen

Tullamore's also performing tonight and tomorrow night at O'Malley's Pub in Weston, MO (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=144198552274811&ref=mf). Unfortunately I can't make either, 'cause tomorrow I'm seeing the Musical Blades at Waxy O'Shea's in Shawnee, KS. Come get in your last Irish and/or pirate fixes before KCRF!! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Musical-Blades/113437616190?v=app_2344061033#!/event.php?eid=118139504900048&index=1

TKM

Quote from: Delireus on August 12, 2010, 04:26:10 AM
Quote from: TKM on August 11, 2010, 07:10:11 PM
^yeah we'll definately meet up then. remind me if i dont remember to contact you by that time.

no, haven't been to the great plains fest yet, it always conflicts with KCRF so i'm never able to.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm very temped to go to Great Plains, it's only for 1 weekend, though it's 2 hours away (I'm in Manhattan) and it looks rather small. But might be fun :)

same. It's 3 hours away for me here in KC. that, and as i said, it conflicts with KCRF so it's an automatic no-go.

anyway, when i order my new boots for faire this year, i'll get some pictures of me in my current garb so you know who to look for come faire season! of course we can just discuss with anyone else who plans on being there that weekend (she said the 25th of septemeber, so speak up if you'll also be there) and we can arrange a rendez-vous setting.

Delireus

oh yay! I've been going to faire for years but since this is my first season while I've been here on the boards I've never met up with anyone except friends of mine I brought with me :P Exciting!

Yes, we shall all be in touch :)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

Quote from: Delireus on August 16, 2010, 09:56:21 PM
oh yay! I've been going to faire for years but since this is my first season while I've been here on the boards I've never met up with anyone except friends of mine I brought with me :P Exciting!

Yes, we shall all be in touch :)

what weekends are you going to be at KCRF? i love meeting people from the boards. do you have one of the groovy R/F pins?

Delireus

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 19, 2010, 10:28:20 PM
what weekends are you going to be at KCRF? i love meeting people from the boards. do you have one of the groovy R/F pins?

Just the 25th of September. And no, as of yet I do not have an RF pin, though I very much want one. I've made a little polymer clay one I'm not too proud of but it might have to do if I can't get an official one by then.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Aniroaldawen

ALMOST TEN DAYS, EVERYONE! GET EXCITED!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Cannot WAIT to be back in Canterbury...especially since I'll be there at least every Saturday and Sunday this year!! <3

Delireus

Ah, I wish I could make it every weekend. But yay for faire almost being here!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Cormac

Counting down to Friday.  Heading up for opening weekend.  Starting off at the Irish Fest and then on to faire on Sunday.  Should be well wore by Sunday evening.

Is there an entertainment schedule posted for opening weekend?  I would like to draw up battle plans on the drive up.  Lots of good acts and not enough day.  If you see someone in a green kilt sprinting across the grounds with a herd of chilren in tow that will likely be me on my way to the next show to get in as much as possible for the day.

I'll have my R/F pin on my vest or kilt.  Feel free to say hello if you see me wandering aimlessly with the herd.

Brother Gregory

There is a schedule posted on the Kansas City Renaissance's webiste. The website is found at http://www.kcrenfest.com/index.html

Butch

Does anyone know the difference btwn the season pass ($74.95), the Royal Pass ($139.95), and the Royal Collection ($204.95)?

Earl of Surrey

The Lady and I will be arriving Saturday evening from Colorado and attending on Sunday of opening weekend.

What, pray tell, is a "groovy R/F" pin and where can some regulars from CORF get one?

Squire & Lady Elizabeth
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Delireus

The pins are for the forum, I gather, to let other people from here know you are also on the boards. I think you need to order them well in advance before faire, to make sure you get one. I don't have one either, but I've made one out of polymer clay that looks similar, though crappy :/ I can only assume a 'groovy' one is ty-dyed :D

Hah, but no, here's a link - http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=210.0. I'm sure it's fine that you don't have one, just possibly look for others with one or plan to meet up at a certain place/time :) Glad you guys made the trip, have a great weekend!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is