News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Really Good Movie of the 2009 Show

Started by The Professor, February 20, 2010, 01:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Professor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqm6Q3fy6po

That's a very good video of last year's season... Of course, as usual, somebody's not in it... Oh, well, it's not like I've been at the Festival for a decade...

It's of special interest to Adam Bell, the Baron and Baroness Richthofen, and Page the Elephant.

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Don't feel bad I'm not in it either and I have been going for 2 decades or more.

Great video makes me miss faire. Makes Toki want to put on his garb and walk around in the snow with it on.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

How sad is it that I'm jonesing so bad for faire I'd even deal with Ded Bob at this point?  Quite sad?  Yes.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Tanda

Quote from: Zoë on February 20, 2010, 10:13:09 PM
How sad is it that I'm jonesing so bad for faire I'd even deal with Ded Bob at this point?  Quite sad?  Yes.
o/' Doo Dah Day is your next line
Oh, Doo Dah Day o/'
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

My name's Bob and this is Sludge
doo dah, doo dah
I like women he's on drugs
oh doo dah day
This is the refrain! It sticks in your brain
Oh doo dah day is your next line
Oh doo dah day
Many asked me how I died
doo dah, doo dah
Was I stabbed or was I fried
oh doo dah day
Well I was hung from yonder tree
doo dah, doo dah
Before that I hung to my knee...
Oh doo dah day...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Dead Bob is a Dead act. Bring in something new. I might appreciate dead Bob more if he was a ventriliquist instead of being a bad comic who hides his face.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on February 20, 2010, 11:58:11 PM
Dead Bob is a Dead act. Bring in something new.

Done and done.  Hey Nunnie Nunnie will be at CRF for the 1st three weeks.  Huzzah!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Are you saying No more Dead Bob? Could that really happen? )Please Oh please let Dead Bob go
"The Metal Maiden"

Jonas_MacPherson

Dead bob? Oh yea, that guy I just ignore during fair. Are the rumors true? Did they finally bury him?

BTW, nice video. Even better considering I'm not in it. :)

Zoë

Quote from: Lady de Laney on February 21, 2010, 10:11:28 AM
Are you saying No more Dead Bob? Could that really happen? )Please Oh please let Dead Bob go

I can't believe they would have gotten rid of him, but it is nice that they have some new stuff elsewhere in the faire.  Ded Bob probably wouldn't be as bad as he is if he actually came up with new material.  It's going on 7 years since I've heard him say new stuff, not counting his occasional "situational" remarks.  When I saw him in Arizona last year, the jokes were the same except changed for the location.  Must be his prerogative. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Oops!  Without intending to do so, I have apparently started a rumor that Ded Bob would not be returning.  I have no idea whether he will or won't.  Having said that, I'll admit that to us regulars his stuff is a bit ... stale.  But I'm sure he appeals to the folks who come every five years or so. 

Tanda

Don't forget that there are those that go to the shows again and again because they are the same. They knew it was funny last time, so why won't it be funny this time? And most patrons don't feel the need to listen to the same show three or four times a day as those unlucky enough to be stationed near a stage might. And didn't Ded Bob add new material this year or last year? About his dog Disco?

o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

First and only new material in about 7 years.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

Eh. Re Bob.... imho, because comedy is all about timing & delivery, Clark (smuj) is funny.  it was his act since the begining. he has cloned himself several times, and for the last couple years, we've had the clones.  I've heard tell (strictly rumor) that the PTB don't really like the clones either, so I wouldn't be at all supprised if we went bobless. I'd LOVE to see the singing executioners back, they were hysterical.  I'd love to see DonJuan & Miguel too, they were regulars long ago.
would not break my heart to see something fresh on the fortune stage either......  like...say... Clan Tynker?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Norfolk

And while we're in wishing mode, in addition to those mentioned by Hey, I would like very much to see:

-  Owain Phyfe, Pandora Celtica, Whirlyjig and Queen Anne's Lace on the Pirate's Pub Stage

-  Ziltch the Torrysteller on any stage

-  Shamus the Insulter and Robin and his Merry Men in the lanes

But then, we all know what the term "fat chance" means.

Zoë

Quote from: Baron on February 22, 2010, 01:51:30 PM

-  Owain Phyfe

Frankly I would love to see Owain ANYWHERE at the faire.  I so missed him last year.  :(
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Radu the Gypsy

Saddly, the chances of our having Pandora Celtica are somewhere in the low negative numbers, as management has pissed all but one of their members to the point where they wont even come out of garb last I heard.  Same with Whirlyjig. 

Clan Tynker would in fact love to come to Colorado (last I spoke with them in Arizona) but Colorado has expressed no interest in having them back.  Sad too, since they are such a great show.  Colorado's track record for getting rid of it's best acts is frankly amazing.  I applaud their ability.  Not so much their wisdom though....

Glad to head Hay Nunnie Nunnie will be back for a bit.

Norfolk

Quote from: Radu the Gypsy on February 22, 2010, 04:19:47 PM
Colorado's track record for getting rid of it's best acts is frankly amazing. 

That it is, my friend, that it is.

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Baron on February 22, 2010, 01:51:30 PM
And while we're in wishing mode, in addition to those mentioned by Hey, I would like very much to see:

-  Owain Phyfe, Pandora Celtica, Whirlyjig and Queen Anne's Lace on the Pirate's Pub Stage

-  Ziltch the Torrysteller on any stage

-  Shamus the Insulter and Robin and his Merry Men in the lanes

But then, we all know what the term "fat chance" means.

Ok, in a word...yes, to all of those. Don't even remember some of them. :)

Zoë

Quote from: Baron on February 22, 2010, 06:30:54 PM
Quote from: Radu the Gypsy on February 22, 2010, 04:19:47 PM
Colorado's track record for getting rid of it's best acts is frankly amazing. 

That it is, my friend, that it is.

But Santa Fe has Clan Tynker!!  Y'all will have to come down to Santa Fe this year to see them.  :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Avan

Hey 7 years of Dead Bob with no new material is still way way way less than new Puke and Snot material.  :D

There has been big changes in Pandora Celtica and who know what the future holds for them.

Whirly Jig is no more and is now 7th Root and their music style slightly different and wouldn't really fit at faire.  IF you would like to see them they will be at:

Where- Floodstage Ale Works
When- March 17th from 9 pm to midnight
170 S Main St
Brighton, CO

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Avan on February 23, 2010, 09:23:09 AM

Whirly Jig is no more and is now 7th Root and their music style slightly different and wouldn't really fit at faire. 

can't tell you how sad that whoooole thing makes me.  and vaguely angry.

*sigh*  it is what it is
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Adriana Rose

Same here. I have some friends who refuse to even admit that 7th Root is even around.