News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarborough 2010

Started by Merlin, February 21, 2010, 04:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azeem the Moor

Raevyn, thanx....we're staying north of Wax! I've just been reading thru the rest of the blog - between you and others....I've been able to figure the vibe. Thanx again!

joan of arc

Some of our family came out on the first week-end (kids get in free): 8)

There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

Tink

Quote from: Butch on April 12, 2010, 09:22:21 AM
So here's a question for EVERYONE:  do you hide your camera in a bag or something while strolling about the faire?

I have yet to take my digital SLR out to faire, but I always carry my point and shoot in one of my pouches.

Pictures from this year:
http://s822.photobucket.com/albums/zz148/Tink0098/Scarborough%20Renaissance%20Festival%20-%202010/
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

bsdmon

I'm a big lurker around here. Don't have any garb yet besides a pouch and mugstrap I bought at scarbie on may 2nd which is when the photos are from. This is my 2nd time going and my girlfriends third time. I really enjoy Scarborough and plan to make it to trf sometime. I had to use a really old kodak digital camera as mine is broken. So the colors aren't perfect in some photos. Some I tried to adjust and they didn't come out just right. I know they pale in comparison to most here.

First I need to get some garb. I really want a longbow as I have shot a recurve and a longbow a couple times. So I figure i'll dress up as some kind of archer from the woods. Don't wanna wear chainmail and such. Like a realistic "period" robin hood you could say???  

Constructing a hammock

Playing a game of dice

Arnold & stuart

Donal Hinely (I love the sound of glass being played, sounds so mystical)

Caught a tiny bit of this show as we were walking by. The fire looks alot like a bird in this shot.

Noobler  

The Joust

Having a chat in the shade

Fountain in one of the courtyards

The king and Queen greet the people during the parade

The castle

Ceremony  ( I believe they were renewing their vows)

The happy couple

Front Gate as we were leaving

We had a great time. Except we went to one the cat and fiddle tavern multiple times, mainly because they had the cider we like. After a few drinks and a couple waters we came back to get another. When we were walking in the guy that runs it was outside and said "Back for another". I said "yeah". He said "not here". Which made me go kind of  ??? . We walked up to the lady who was working the bar and ordered she said he thought we needed to take a break.... She almost looked sorry to refuse us.

This caught us by surprise as we've had plenty more at the bar and never had a problem. Nor have we ever had an issue at this faire. We were just starting to catch a buzz. We weren't slurring our speech or stumbling or being weed kickers or anything. We were drinking water also as it was warm that day. So of course we were sweating... *shrug*  

So we went to another pub got another round and I walked back to talk the guy. Just asked him what we did and he kind of gave me a look and I said I wasn't trying to be rude but was just curious. He said if he thinks i've had too much it was illegal to serve us. So then I said "So we didn't do anything wrong then... and that was that. He stated nothing we did or anything physically about us. We walked off and had fun. Funny enough right after that we ran into a guy that had clearly had too much.

We were served two more times at one of the other pubs before leaving so we must have not had too much.

My girlfriend enjoying a cold one (I really want to get her some garb too by next year.)

Rocking my new pouch and mugstrap

I can't figure out who the heck I bought my pouch from though. I think it was near the maypole. And the side i was on had sandals and lots of pouches but I think they had boots and moccasins on the otherside. The receipt has stuff all about moccasins over it. I checked all the sites I could by googling vendor names in that area and don't see pouches like this on any of them. We're gonna try to go back one more time before the season is over so I guess i'll figure it out then.

Lord Virgo

Just a few my Pops took from this past weekend.

XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Evie McCann

Went to Scarby last w/e. Weather was perfect. Had a great time. Here's a link to pics I took.
http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/rhonda-robison/Scarby%202010/
aka. Lady Eve

DonaCatalina

Imagine my surprise at being photo#1 ! :o
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

angusmacinnes

Or mine when the bridge troll stick thingy attacked during parade.  ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: angusmacinnes on May 14, 2010, 02:21:14 PM
Pretty memorable.  ;)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

JSPhoto

Glad you guys are enjoying the pics. 

Dona, you make a great start to the gallery.  Love the garb.

-Joe

dbaldock

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 14, 2010, 02:39:49 PM
Quote from: angusmacinnes on May 14, 2010, 02:21:14 PM
Pretty memorable.  ;)

I guess they need to place one of those bright-orange plastic safety cones as a warning ...  ;D  :o

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

angusmacinnes

Yeah or some kid going hey fatboy watch out for the stick. ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.