News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Rainbow Bridge calls another one home...

Started by DeadBishop, February 23, 2010, 12:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

Today was the last visit to the vet for my little ferret, Casper.  He's lived a long, healthy life, but last year we found out he has a condition which about 70% of all ferrets eventually succumb to, and recently he's been suffering terribly because of it.  The last 10 years was not nearly enough time spent with him.  He is the 5th ferret I've lost, and it never gets any easier when you have to let go no matter how many times you go through this.  I think his passing has affected me the hardest out of any of them, though.

We'll miss you, little buddy.  Your friends are waiting on the other side of the rainbow bridge for you.

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Amy of York

DB, I'm so sorry  for  your loss.It is never easy  to lose a pet, especially when they are part of  the family.Words can not replace yor loss so instead  I open my arms and give you a big hug .
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Anna Iram

Aww DB. I'm sorry. You're right. it never gets easy to let go, but you did the right thing.

RenRobin

((((HUGS!))))  I lost my Bella a month ago, know the pain you are feeling.
Loki-terr (in training)

Auryn

DB, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I saw the pictures you put up of Casper and he was just gorgeous and looks like he was a big ball of fun.

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Muffin

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Blushing

{hugs}
Sorry for your loss.  I'm sure you have many happy memories to cherish.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Baroness de Vale

Sorry to hear of your loss DB! Pets are just as much a part of the family which makes their passing just as difficult! Hugs!!

Rani Zemirah

I am so sorry for your pain and loss.  I will be saying goodbye to a close family member tonight, myself, and it will break my little girls heart, as well as mine.  It never gets any easier, but when it comes to the love of an animal there is no way to keep from letting them into your heart, and nothing to compare to the unconditional love and affection they give...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Ferret

I'm sorry. I've lost two in the last couple years. They leave a big hole in our hearts.
Ferret

Trillium

Awww....send you and Nyte lots of comforting hugs!
Got faerie dust?

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

renren

So sorry to hear, DB. My condoloences to you and Nyte.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

irish

I am so sorry. My prayers go out to you and your family.
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Celtic Lady

:'( very sorry for your loss, DB. thoughts and prayers for you.

DeadBishop

Thank you everyone.  When you have a pet for this long, you start to take advantage of the fact that you think they are just always going to be around, no matter what.  We will always have a special place in our heart for Casper and the time we shared with him.

R/F.com member since 2003