News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

mwahaha. That is great!

Right now i am at the other end of that I have to tell my kiddo that he cannot wear his pirate coat to school. It would be too much of a distraction, because we all know that preschoolers have the attention span of pixies on speed!

The Rabbi

On a more seriouse note When you have to explain that you have friends that are druids, wiccan,buddhist, etc, and that we can wish each other a happy holiday in the proper context without offending each others religion. RENNIES ROCK when it comes to acceptance of others oh who am I kidding we just rock.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Ginette

Quote from: cowgrrl on December 16, 2011, 10:01:00 PM
'If you don't shape up I will follow you around at school in pirate garb' is not an idle threat in your household. 

Gonna have to keep this in mind to use with my 12 year old.   :)
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ginette on December 19, 2011, 08:14:45 AM
Quote from: cowgrrl on December 16, 2011, 10:01:00 PM
'If you don't shape up I will follow you around at school in pirate garb' is not an idle threat in your household. 

Gonna have to keep this in mind to use with my 12 year old.   :)
I wonder if that would work with my 37 year-old. He's a teacher...but, it probably wouldn't faze him at all...he's nearly as weird as I am.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Evie McCann

My kid would dress up with me. Catapistal, cutlass and all!
aka. Lady Eve

Lady Renee Buchanan

when your husband buys you a pearl ring with tiny diamond chips around it for Christmas, and the first words out of his mouth when you open it are "I picked this one because I thought it would go with your noble garb."
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

amy

Oh yes Renee!   And when I opened my gorgeous pin with bleeding hearts (flowers) dripping from it I squeeled.....  " I have to make a gown for this!"

cowgrrl

Your kids school is having a spirit week & one of the days is 'Time Warp Day'. They're expecting the kids to dress in 50s, 60s or even 80s style. Your child (daughter/11) is going to wear her Ren garb. Talk about a time warp!!

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: cowgrrl on January 05, 2012, 11:14:59 PM
Your kids school is having a spirit week & one of the days is 'Time Warp Day'. They're expecting the kids to dress in 50s, 60s or even 80s style. Your child (daughter/11) is going to wear her Ren garb. Talk about a time warp!!

Yes, my Scally is planning to do this, as well!  LOL 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Elinor Hakebourne

...whilst walking through the airport, and you hear food vendors hawking their wares, and you think, "Man, they could learn a lesson or two from the hawkers at Renaissance festivals..." :)

dreamwalker

When you wear chemises to bed on a regular basis....
Normal? What's that?

Adriana Rose

When your hurting your faire friends are the first ones to cheer you up.

The Rabbi

When driving a friends vehichle you get pulled over by the local PD and they ask "Do you have any wepons" Then as he looks at you shrugs his shoulders and sais "Never mind answering that I dont have time for you to pull them all out." The first time he ever stopped me I was in garb and had 6 other folks garb and assorted weapons. He finally asked me "Is there anything else" to which I replied "Honestly officer I dont know" He let me go both times.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Sitara

When you get pulled over on the way home from a long weekend of faire and you overhear the officer telling your husband, "Look, you seem like a nice guy and I REALLY don't wan't to take you to jail while you're in a kilt..."
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Hausfrau Monica

you look over the shoulder of someone reading the paper and see the "sunshine girl" in a corset...go in for a closer look and say "that would never stand up to a day of faire"