News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

You're invited to a friend's house for Sunday breakfast, and the whole time you are obsessing over the tablecloth, thinking "that would make a gorgeous noble gown."
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

cowgrrl

Right around Christmas you hear stuff about 'Small Business Saturday' & how you should shop at small businesses on this day. Your thought is 'Small Business Saturday??  I do that every weekend I'm at a Faire.'

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on January 08, 2012, 03:21:28 PM
You're invited to a friend's house for Sunday breakfast, and the whole time you are obsessing over the tablecloth, thinking "that would make a gorgeous noble gown."

There are people who have seen the look on my face and warn me away from their drapes.  :o
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

raevyncait

you're on a road trip, and realizing that you've passed all the possible opportunities for a flushy for another hour, so you pull over at the picnic area and squat, without worrying who might see you as they pull in past you in the dark, because when you gotta go, you gotta go!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Dinobabe

Quote from: raevyncait on January 16, 2012, 02:55:30 PM
you're on a road trip, and realizing that you've passed all the possible opportunities for a flushy for another hour, so you pull over at the picnic area and squat, without worrying who might see you as they pull in past you in the dark, because when you gotta go, you gotta go!

For me that falls under "You might be a field geologist...." ;D

Oh, and you always carry toilet paper in your truck!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Dinobabe on January 17, 2012, 09:35:38 AM
I carry baby wet wipes, they serve the same purpose without being obvious ^_^. 
  The state patrol apparently takes a dim view of folks using a convenient bush to take care of business, and a roll of Charmin in the back seat is as good as a smoking gun LOL. ::)
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Dinobabe

Quote from: Rowen MacD on January 18, 2012, 12:18:52 PM
Quote from: Dinobabe on January 17, 2012, 09:35:38 AM
I carry baby wet wipes, they serve the same purpose without being obvious ^_^. 
  The state patrol apparently takes a dim view of folks using a convenient bush to take care of business, and a roll of Charmin in the back seat is as good as a smoking gun LOL. ::)

UNDER the seat, you keep it under the seat! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

ladyshadowdust

... When your in and alley way and get rear ended.  The guy who hits you is ready to pull out his pistol and then your husband gets out of the car and says.  "I have a faster draw than you."  As the guy looks at the multiple Swords he is wearing and gets back in his car "Saying have a good day sir"  You laugh all the way back to fair and share it every year with all you know.

... When your kids look at there dad and say, "Faire season must be coming soon.  Dads talking rennie again."

... When you look down in a regular bra and realize that the faire tan is permanent.

... When you are out buying bras and your daughter goes that one lifts perfect for faire.

... When your halloween costumes always win best in show because you worked on them for years.

LadyStitch

You are in a store and see a girl with yarn dred pony tails, tank top, stip fabric poofy skirt, over a tulle skirt, and she is wearing black and white stripe tights, with black knee boots.  Every one else in the store is running for cover.  Your first thought is, "Who opened the fairy cage?" Next thought, "Did I miss the cannon?" 

Then go over to ask her where she got her dreds and skirt.  ;D Made her day to have someone 'get it'. Also I was the only one in the store who knew what she was talking about when it came to the boning she needed.  The clerks were clueless. :)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Dinobabe

Quote from: LadyStitch on January 23, 2012, 10:43:25 AM
Then go over to ask her where she got her dreds and skirt.  ;D Made her day to have someone 'get it'. Also I was the only one in the store who knew what she was talking about when it came to the boning she needed.  The clerks were clueless. :)

It's almost a bit of an ego boost, isn't it?! :-*
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

LadyStitch

Clerk was anoyed that she couldn't set them their rigaline boning but they still sold her $100 worth of upolstry and such to make herself the gown.  They just went across the street and got the metal strapping or thick zip ties to give her DDD girl a bit more boost  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

scarletnyx

When you and your husband get new ideas on how to wear your garb outfits, and proceed to put them on and fuss over them at 1am in the morning.

Totally not happening right now! Nope, nothing to see here, move along! *Whistlewhistle*
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Adriana Rose

When you are at dinner with your family and friends and some one makes a crack and you respond " Don't make me fan whack you!" And all you hear is crickets..

Or you want a fan to hide behind when you get embarrassed.

Or you talk about boning and the men near you stop talking and look at you like "Did she just say what I think she said"  Then you have to explain its for sewing not that you dirty minded freaks  ;)

Ditzy Gypsy

You get up at 5am the day of faire to get ready!  ;D

You feel strange if you actually have to buy a ticket to a faire.