News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Adriana Rose on January 25, 2012, 10:12:24 AM
...you talk about boning and the men near you stop talking and look at you like "Did she just say what I think she said"  Then you have to explain its for sewing not that you dirty minded freaks  ;)
ROFL! That cracked me up..

...you spend the last couple of months preparing things for the next couple of months that you'll be traveling to faires, AND, try to work the schedule and budget to maximize the number of trips to make, especially since no faires are in your home state.  ...which sux.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on January 25, 2012, 11:47:59 AM
...you spend the last couple of months preparing things for the next couple of months that you'll be traveling to faires, AND, try to work the schedule and budget to maximize the number of trips to make, especially since no faires are in your home state.  ...which sux.

You're welcome to move to the Austin area, to help "Keep Austin Weird!"...  ;)   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

David, I don't think Austin is ready for me....  :D

Rani Zemirah

I'm not sure ANYWHERE is ready for you, Merlin...  :P  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

You know me better than you should, Rani... :o

Lady Renee Buchanan

When you run into Lowe's to buy 2 items for a bathroom project, and 20 minutes later you're still standing in the row with the shower curtains, going through each one deciding which ones would make good garb and which wouldn't.  And haven't even gotten to where you need to be.

And when you finally show up very late at the restaurant where you're meeting your husband for dinner and when you explain why you're late, he understands completely.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Adriana Rose

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on January 25, 2012, 11:47:59 AM
Quote from: Adriana Rose on January 25, 2012, 10:12:24 AM
...you talk about boning and the men near you stop talking and look at you like "Did she just say what I think she said"  Then you have to explain its for sewing not that you dirty minded freaks  ;)
ROFL! That cracked me up..

Its true! I was talking about needing to get some cable ties because I needed to get this bodice boned, the guy I was dating at the time just about snarfed his drink across the table. Because he was in the full selective hearing mode.

Tibbles the Fairy

You know your a true Rennie when
1) You have to explain what a Rennie is to your friends.
2) You do online schooling so you can travel to more fairs.
3) You realize as your reading through this that you know people that don't even live in the same state as you
4) You would rather be at fair then anywhere else
5) You can make a "What Rennie's DON'T take for granted and the mundane do." list
All life needs is a little sparkle

Valknut

You've sent an invitation to visit a faire/festival to non-rennie coworkers and they ask questions like:

• Are you a hippie?
  • Do they allow nudity?
  • What's with all the cleavage?
  • Did you grow that beard for the faire?
  • Can you get me in for free?
  • What are the after-parties like?

In the 19th century the problem was that God is dead. In the 20th century the problem is that man is dead. - Erich Fromm

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Valknut on January 25, 2012, 11:58:51 PM
You've sent an invitation to visit a faire/festival to non-rennie coworkers and they ask questions like:

• Are you a hippie?
  • Do they allow nudity?
  • What's with all the cleavage?
  • Did you grow that beard for the faire?
  • Can you get me in for free?
  • What are the after-parties like?

Beard?!? I hadn't noticed...

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyStitch

You are showing people the latest garb you made for your kiddo.  They look at the outfit and ask "Why go to all the hours of trouble to make this if they might only wear it 1 or 2 times before they out grow it?"
Your answer of, "Because they will look cute at faire, it matches our outfits, besides when she out grows it I get to make her a new one."  sounds like a completly reasonable answer to you, but your co workers look like you grew a 2nd head.

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: LadyStitch on January 26, 2012, 11:24:43 AM
You are showing people the latest garb you made for your kiddo.  They look at the outfit and ask "Why go to all the hours of trouble to make this if they might only wear it 1 or 2 times before they out grow it?"
Your answer of, "Because they will look cute at faire, it matches our outfits, besides when she out grows it I get to make her a new one."  sounds like a completly reasonable answer to you, but your co workers look like you grew a 2nd head.

Geeshhh - they just don't understand
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ditzy Gypsy

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on January 26, 2012, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: LadyStitch on January 26, 2012, 11:24:43 AM

Geeshhh - they just don't understand

Yes! It's about building those beautiful memories--they will never be that little again. And their costumes will slowly require more yardage of fabric, lol

LadyStitch

I just loved my friend yesterday trying to wrap her head around why I am going to sherwood.
"let me get this straight... You are driving an hour to get to place , 2 hours early to sit in the parking lot and chat with people you only see 1-2 times a year?  You go into a place that has all kinds of artisans, and such.  You see various shows OUTSIDE in FEBUARY. On top of it, you are wearing a corset, pushing a baby carriage, and you husband is wearing what is equal to a hot pink couch with feathers?"
"Yup, but you forgot sitting in a packed pub drinking beer or wine with a bunch of friends who are also wearing enough weapons to arm a small army."
"Uh huh....and why is this fun for you?"  ;D

I love being a rennie.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.