News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

Quote from: LadyStitch on January 26, 2012, 02:03:34 PM
"Uh huh....and why is this fun for you?"  ;D

I love being a rennie.

Just let them keep wondering! :D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Hausfrau Monica

Awesomeness!!!  I hope the fuzzlet enjoys her first faire

Merlin the Elder

Her first faire, and she'll get to meet me! Talk about luck!
(...Hopefully, the rest of her life, her luck will get better!)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Adriana Rose

LadyStitch

If there wasn't photos I would be sorely disappointed.   ;D

I had to add this one because I am almost ashamed to admit it. :-[

.... Your daughter starts playing with a doll, and it pops into your head, "If she is taking that to faire I'm going to need to make it some sort of garb of it's own, or it won't got with her outfit."

Yeah, I'm doomed.... :D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

raevyncait

as you're planning your move to a new place, when offered a bedroom set (free) for the 2nd bedroom, you decline because you know that by the time you put all that furniture (full-size bed with head/foot boards, dressing table, dresser, 2 nightstands) in, there will be no space for the garb rack you've planned, never mind the shelves for accessories and craft/sewing supplies.

Closets are pretty small, so I'm sure my bedroom closet will be in season clothes for during the week, the coat closet will have coats, and the spare bedroom closet will have the out of season weekday clothes. Even if I pack away the out of season weekday stuff, it would take all 3 closets to hold most of my garb...
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

amy

When you actually measure the bar in the garb closet and realize there is a 4" dip and the screws which you specifically mounted in a set of specially installed 2x4s are pulling out of the wall due to the weight... And the bar is just over 36" and still can't hold it.   Yikes.

WindChime

QuoteWhen you actually measure the bar in the garb closet and realize there is a 4" dip and the screws which you specifically mounted in a set of specially installed 2x4s are pulling out of the wall due to the weight... And the bar is just over 36" and still can't hold it.   Yikes.

We had our bar in the guest room closet do that to us just last November. We heard a loud noise and thought it was something in the garage but come to find out the bar completely pulled out of the wall screws, hardware and all.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

dbaldock

This may be the time for you to get some 1-1/2" Galvanized Pipe to use for cross-pieces --- with 90° Elbows at each end, and the pipes extending to the floor.   ;)   :D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: WindChime on January 30, 2012, 07:31:21 PM
QuoteWhen you actually measure the bar in the garb closet and realize there is a 4" dip and the screws which you specifically mounted in a set of specially installed 2x4s are pulling out of the wall due to the weight... And the bar is just over 36" and still can't hold it.   Yikes.

We had our bar in the guest room closet do that to us just last November. We heard a loud noise and thought it was something in the garage but come to find out the bar completely pulled out of the wall screws, hardware and all.

That happened to us, too, although it was in our walk in closet in our bedroom.  When we had been coming back from faire late on a Sunday night, we hung our garb in our closet, instead of walking downstairs.  And the stuff we washed, we hung in our closet with the intention of taking it downstairs, but it seemed more and more garb was living in our master closet.  Then one day we heard a large crash & found one of the bars fell down due to the weight of our garb plus our regular clothes.  We have now switched our garb to a downstairs guest room closet permanently, and when we wash something, it hangs at the top of the stairs for one of us to take it downstairs the next time we go.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

amy

I'm in such great company!  And I like how you think d!

DonaCatalina

You know your Daughter is a true Rennie when she tells her boyfriend, "My mother wants you to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us. Would you rather wear panty hose or a skirt?"

...meaning tights or a kilt....snigger.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Butch

Hercules

I guess I've crossed over to the Renside as my FB page has more and more rennies pulling up as "people you may know"

Medieval has found social networking!
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Lady Gryphon

QuoteYou know your Daughter is a true Rennie when she tells her boyfriend, "My mother wants you to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us. Would you rather wear panty hose or a skirt?
"

So that's why the boyfriend didn't join us for supper.  Sorry We missed him, would have been fun

LadyStitch.

My son is contemplating forgoing his College Commensment for Pirate Feast, Yeah, I raised him right  LOL

Fuzzlets First Faire is documented.

She's going to have to COOL Parents
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?