News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyFae

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!  SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!    ;D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

JimsDana

Insert Quote I hope this comes through! " So well deserved."WOW!
You know your Daughter is a true Rennie when she tells her boyfriend, "My mother wants you to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us. Would you rather wear panty hose or a skirt?
"

So that's why the boyfriend didn't join us for supper.  Sorry We missed him, would have been fun

LadyStitch.

My son is contemplating forgoing his College Commensment for Pirate Feast, Yeah, I raised him right  LOL

Fuzzlets First Faire is documented.

She's going to have to COOL Parents
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Merlin the Elder

She's "going to have" cool parents?? Trust me! She already HAS cool parents. Lady Stitch and the Pink Pirate are both wonderful young folks.

Fuzzlet let me hold her and she didn't scream once!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

Yes she has cool parents.
And I'm itching to hold her!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Gryphon

Allow me to Re-phase.

Amongst her friends at School, She will be known as the Girl with the COOL PARENTS. 

I can never see LadyStitch and the PP as stuffy old couch parents, but involved in everything.  As Fuzzlet get involved with school plays and then the theater department, I can now see LadyStitch volunteered to run the Costume department giving lesson on fitting the proper Bodice during the schools run of Camelot or Bridgadoon.  It will make Broadway green with envy.
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Adriana Rose

And all the other schools will groan when they hear that her folks are helping out.. I mean how can you beat the theater department that has a set of parents who are theater pros helping out lol

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: DonaCatalina on March 13, 2012, 07:56:36 AM
Yes she has cool parents.
And I'm itching to hold her!
She is just totally sweet! ...and Nim will tell you, I'm not usually all that good with tiny ones! I usually get friendly with them once they hit 5 feet tall...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyStitch

Oh good greif you are making me blush like a red rose....   :-[

Merlin, Fuzzlet  is such a mellow kiddo she just like all kinds of people. Even mean 'scary' wizards. She has become a ham for a camera, and loves meeting new people.
Donna: You will get to hold her at scarby.  All 3 of us will be at Merlin's wedding. She will even be in her 'fancy' dress.

Lady Gryphon:  You are right. We will be those parents who are involved in the school plays and such.  I also have a feeling I may be 'roped' into helping with the band's color guard and such.  I have visions of a band director who wants to pull off a Drum Corp international show.
Actually there have been a few people who have asked if I would be willing to give classes on sewing for theater.  How to make ruffs, bodices, petticotes.....  Either the theater teacher is going to love us or hate us.
Alot of the schools around here require that the students rent their costumes so that there isn't any one who has more money having a better costume then say the leading lady.  Knowing me, I'd make fuzzlet's per what the director wanted, and end up making the leading ladies amazing dress. LOL

Adriana: You should see the explanation the school gave when my 2 time academy award winning tutor was 'helping' with their production of the Sound of Music. If you think we are bad ,.. oy!  The things that he 'aquired' for their show was making other schools cry foul!

Do I need to mention we were planning her garb for next Sherwood on the way home from faire?  Or that depending on how fast she grows she is going to have an even better baby pink pirate for TRF.  Yeah this kiddo is doomed.

If she isn't a ren baby, I don't know what is.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Lady Gryphon

QuoteLady Gryphon:  You are right. We will be those parents who are involved in the school plays and such.  I also have a feeling I may be 'roped' into helping with the band's color guard and such.  I have visions of a band director who wants to pull off a Drum Corp international show.

Ask when and If you ever need any ideas.  I had an independent Winter Guard unit for a few years.  We did both gym and field work.  I'm at your service if need be.

This would be a great time to re-introduce Home Ec into the school systems. 

By High School, Fuzzlet well be able to sew and fit almost as well as her mum, I'm sure of it.

Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

LadyStitch

Lady Gryphon, So I don't hijack our lovely thread I'll grab my soap box about 'home ec' in school in our school is the mundane thread.  Also, I may look you up when it comes to color guard stuff.  I've done some stuff, but not alot.

An back to our regulally sceduled thread....  ;D

You realize your child will be needing a new pair of sandles for summer but instead of thinking you will pick them up at walmart or such, your mind goes straight to, "Well we are going to faire in a few weeks we will just get Ren mocasins. They will grow with her more than the regular ones, they are near the same price, and frankly she can wear her 'geek' shoes in the mundane world just like mummy and dada.  ;D

Adriana Rose

When you are watching you're 2 month old neice and she starts to fuss the only songs that pop to mind are The Mermaid and Roll Your Leg Over.. ::)

LadyStitch

You know you are a rennie when a conversation like this happens...
Me: Oh are you buying fabric for Scarby?
Girl:  Oh yes, we go nearly every weekend.
Me: For the past few years so has my husband and I.
Girl: Cool, I wonder if I have met  you at faire. You know it is so hard to recognize people in mundanes.
Me:  True, my husband is the pink pirate, and I'm his..
Girl:  Oh we know the pink pirate!  He is hard to miss.  We've never actually met him, but we can always spot him from across the faire. My daughter keeps wanting to pet his dragon puppet but she can never get up the nerve to ask.
Me :  (Laughing) Well, next time you see him, come up and say 'Hi!' He loves having his picture taken with kiddos.
Girl:  We will.  I mean he is hard to miss from across the meadow.  ;D

(When I told the PP about this he turned tomato red.  His comment of, "At least I am imfamous for a good reason." )

jinx

...your knee-jerk reaction to someone saying "scurvy" is to scream "EAT A LIME!"  Bonus points if you actually have a lime handy to throw at them.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

BubbleWright

...when you are bored in the off season you re-visit various and sundry threads found here on the Forums... multiple times.

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Amyj

You know you're a Rennie when you buy a Mega Millions ticket and think
a) I could get a house with a whole garb ROOM!
and b) I could go to EVERY FAIRE!!!!

And that is kinda your only real motivation for being such a lottery lemming...   ;D

(p.s.  I just made the most incredibly crazy cooing and squealing and baby-talk noises over Little Fuzzlet!!!!  SOOOOOO Cute!!!!  He might be a bit older for her at 2, but I have a nephew...just sayin')
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH