News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Nim bought a ticket and said we'd buy a bunch of land and build our own...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 30, 2012, 05:50:44 PM
Nim bought a ticket and said we'd buy a bunch of land and build our own...

I'm trying to remember how Arkansas is for getting planning permission, changing land-use laws, and that sort of thing --- for what might be considered an alternate culture type of venue?
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

You forget, David... Arkansas IS an alternate culture.

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 30, 2012, 06:19:37 PM
You forget, David... Arkansas IS an alternate culture.

I grew up there in Little Rock, from the age of 8 until I moved to Texas when I was 25 (in 1986).

Renaissance Festivals seem to have more of a "hippie" lifestyle connotation, rather than the "good ol' country boy" lifestyle that I'd associate with Arkansas.   ;)   :D

How about "You Know You're a True Rennie if..." you'd consider buying the old, defunct Dogpatch USA in the Ozark Mountains (including the nearby Mystic Caverns), to renovate as a Renaissance Theme Park and Cavern.   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

Being so far out of the way, I don't think it would be successful. I think that might have been at least a part of Dogpatch's problem. I was by there a couple years back, and it's pretty much trashed. Funny that the new owners acquired it as the result of a lawsuit.  They were trespassing and got injured, sued, and took the property in the settlement. Something wrong with a jury that rewards criminal action...

There are areas closer to central Arkansas that would be nice...

You know you're a true Rennie if you actually think about things like this...

LadyStitch

Quote from: Amyj on March 30, 2012, 05:34:55 PM
(p.s.  I just made the most incredibly crazy cooing and squealing and baby-talk noises over Little Fuzzlet!!!!  SOOOOOO Cute!!!!  He might be a bit older for her at 2, but I have a nephew...just sayin')

The pink pirate has said the fuzzlet isn't dating until she is 30.  ;D

You know that you are rennie, that after her said that, I thought, "Unless the guy has the gumption to handle a real sword."
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Dinobabe

Quote from: dbaldock on March 30, 2012, 08:09:58 PM
How about "You Know You're a True Rennie if..." you'd consider buying the old, defunct Dogpatch USA in the Ozark Mountains (including the nearby Mystic Caverns), to renovate as a Renaissance Theme Park and Cavern.   ;D

Oh man!  I remember Dogpatch!!  ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Dinobabe on April 02, 2012, 12:34:03 PM
Quote from: dbaldock on March 30, 2012, 08:09:58 PM

Oh man!  I remember Dogpatch!!  ;D

So do I...  If I remember correctly, wasn't most of the grounds up hill (no matter which way you were walking)? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Dinobabe

Up hill, both ways, in the snow, no shoes....  Oh wait, that's my dad talking. ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

LadyStitch

You spot a shoulder drabbit on a pedestrian as you are driving by at 40 mph.  Bonus points because you know the color, size, and if it was 1 or two cable.  YET you can't spot the street sign to take the right way to your destination.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Hoowil

You see a shield leaning against a car on the side of the freeway with a blown tire, and turn around at the next off ramp to see if they need any help
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Hoowil on April 09, 2012, 03:59:09 PM
You see a shield leaning against a car on the side of the freeway with a blown tire, and turn around at the next off ramp to see if they need any help

Done that!
One person was amazed that five people actually stopped; but their brother was already on the way with a tow truck.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

ladylissame

My friend had this one:
when you are watching a burlesque show and realize you just spent 3/4 of the show critiquing the weaponry they are using.

JCadden

You and the group you are traveling with become a show for the 'danes that are walking around near you.
Jason Cadden
Renaissance Outfitters
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Lady Gryphon

You're driving into Faire and you see two young men in Kilts walking along the side of the road in the opposite direction and you don't think anything of it. 

Or For the ladies,

Your bodice fits better and feels better than any Bra you have in your possession.
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?