News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Look at it this way, Lady Renee, you could be not geeky, and life would be ever so much less fun...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Johnny Stache

When you see that your home faire is getting new security and the most prominent thought in your mind is "methinks this will deter the wolf and cloak runs".   ;D
"I'm a rambler I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home, and them that don't like me can leave me alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when I'm dry, and if the Loki don't kill me, I'll live till I die!!"

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 16, 2013, 03:38:09 PM
Look at it this way, Lady Renee, you could be not geeky, and life would be ever so much less fun...

Very true, Merlin!

Here's another one.......

You get an unhousebroken puppy, and you want to keep her in the family room (with a tile floor) so that she doesn't mess up the rest of the house.  Instead of buying a lot of baby gates, you use your huge rubbermaid tubs (two for each door, 1 on top  of the other) that are filled with Ren stuff.  Hats, baskets, pouches, belts, feathers, etc.... because they are heavy enough that she can't move them, and hard enough so that she can't chew through them.  And you have enough for every door!

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

You schedule your move into your dream home around the opening weekend of your home faire.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyStitch

This is for PP....
... Your group is doing a presentation on how to protect the incoming freshman from internet piracy/identify theft. Upon looking at you  they smile and say we will pay you to spend 6 weekends in the heat of summer (inside) if you will wear your full pirate gear for this event and you think nothing of it. 

It doesn't your friends and family in the least when the father's day picture has you in fully pirate regalia getting a card from your daughter.

You bring your husband a full set of mundane clothing to change into after spending all day in full pirate gear, and he tells you he rather stay in the pirate garb because he is just as comfy in it ( minus the coat in 95+ weather) as the mundane stuff.  You then proceed to go to father's day lunch at a local restaurant.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Hoowil

You find yourself working on setting up the pool, wearing your faire hat, because it fits and shades your face better that any of your others.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Aderin

if.... you see some beautiful scenery or a town and wish you were there five hundred years before!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Tazjia Swiftsail

If almost everyone you know starts saying "It's getting to be about your time of year... are you excited?" around June (since my faire starts in July)  ;D
Tazjia Swiftsail at your service!
Me: ~renaissance festival addict|animal lover extraordinaire|nature lover|landlocked Pirate Queen|ink addict~

Aderin

Quote from: Tazjia Swiftsail on July 02, 2013, 09:54:01 PM
If almost everyone you know starts saying "It's getting to be about your time of year... are you excited?" around June (since my faire starts in July)  ;D

Good one!!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

cowgrrl

The theme for Vacation Bible School at your church is an amusement park & one of the 'areas' is pirate themed. This means you get to wear your pirate garb to church all week!!!

LadyStitch

You are concerned you will have to prepare an explanation letter for your day care because all of your child's classmates are going back to their parents telling them that your daughter's dad is a pirate.  A bonus is that he is a nice pirate, and wears pink.  ???

(The PP went to pick up the fuzzlet from day care one day that he had to wear his garb for the internet piracy thing. All the 2-3 year olds saw him in garb. They liked that he was a pirate.  The kicker was that they thought he was a nice pirate because no mean pirate would ever wear pink. Got to love little kids)  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

arbcoind

Quote from: Tazjia Swiftsail on July 02, 2013, 09:54:01 PM

This happened to me this past weekend.  PRF starts at the end of August.

Gina

Lady Renee Buchanan

When it's comfy day at work, and you wear your faire bloomers (the ones worn under your skirt) with a tee shirt, and the people that know you say "oh, you're wearing your garb again."
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Jack Daw at Work

Wheras, we would say, "Oh, you're wearing your underwear in public, again!"
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

DonaCatalina

You watch this video three times before you realize that the opening line is a double entendre.
Justin Bieber Parody: A Bigger Blacker Cloak
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess