News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

When out shopping you see discount jewelry and wonder how it can be dis-assembled and then re-assemble into faire wear.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

arbcoind

Your niece is born, and you immediately think "That child needs some garb.  I'd like to get something for her at faire."  And then you begin to actually think about what a newborn and garb would entail. 

Gina

Norfolk

You spend more money on your spouse's character than on your spouse.
Just call me "Your Grace"

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Norfolk on August 06, 2013, 12:46:08 PM
You spend more money on your spouse's character than on your spouse.
LOL. That would be my husband as well.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LissaRoisin

When the VP of the company sees you and says ARRRGH because he saw your Support Pirates sticker on the car.

I love my coworkers.
IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

arbcoind

You have ostrich plumes in various colors and lengths strewn about your kitchen island in an effort to find that perfect combination.

Gina

Lady Renee Buchanan

You get a new account from Florida at work, and for the life of you, you can never remember the account number.  Suddenly one day, you're looking at it, and everything clicks.

The last 4 numbers are 1564, and that's during the Renaissance, and BARF has a Renaissance Faire that I've been to several times.

I've never forgotten the account number since.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Eddie

When passing people you work with in the hall and they say "How are you?" you have to stop yourself from saying "The very modern image of a modern major general."

Jade

When reading the above post you have to forcibly restrain yourself from typing out the rest of it.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Jade on August 29, 2013, 07:33:26 PM
When reading the above post you have to forcibly restrain yourself from typing out the rest of it.

Or singing it... :o
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Jade

Quote from: Dinobabe on August 29, 2013, 08:56:52 PM
Quote from: Jade on August 29, 2013, 07:33:26 PM

Or singing it... :o
oh don't stop yourself from singing it!  Lol.  Too much fun to be had!

Capt Spleen

Be eye the least-ley ancient portrait O' a scurvy captain Dungeon Spleen!

And, yet...... there  is ........ this:

The Modern Major General's Song (The Pirate Movie)

LadyStitch

The power goes out at your house in the middle of making a gown. While everyone else would have called it a night, you grab candles, an LED lantern, a needle and threads, and proceed to start doing all the hand stitching you can possibly can as well as  mark pleating for your skirt.

You have to sew a dress in historically accurate conditions, and it doesn't bother you in the slightest.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Lady Renee Buchanan

if you work in a call center and get monitored for Quality.  Every person who gets all 100% monitors (hard, the standards are very high) each gets his/her name put into a hat, and at the end of the quarter, 2 names are drawn.  One winner gets a $50 Visa Gift Card, the other gets a $100 Visa Gift Card.

The Rennie part of it comes into play because today I won the $100 Visa Gift Card.  Tons of people asked me what I planned to do with it.  But there's only 1 answer:  Buy Garb.   Because you can never have enough garb!       ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Hoowil

your son's preschool make little paper Robin Hood hats as a craft, so you show up for the next class in full garb to do a quick talk and demonstration of equipment on period archery. And the teacher doesn't mind at all.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.