News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laedyfaire

I love htis one..I am guilty of just about all of the above.

are willing to sleep in the back of the van in order to make a faire when you can not afford a hotel.

go to and stay at faire when it is thundering and raining..hard!

when you lay on the computer for hours looking at all the renfaires across america, wishing and dreaming you can go to each one.

when you spend your free time reading and learning all you can about the period.

when you make ALL your plans revolve around the faire. canceling some very important ones just to make sure you have enough money to make faire.

when you have a family faire night during the winter...small beer for the kids, candles only, trenchers, ren music..just to get a small fix.

ahh..does not the list go on and on? LF

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

You've ever walked parade in a body puppet outfit.

Instead of a shotgun or a baseball bat, you keep a swords in strategic locations in case of intruders.

DT_Masters

Quote from: sealclubber on May 30, 2008, 07:35:42 PM
.......Instead of a shotgun or a baseball bat, you keep a swords in strategic locations in case of intruders.
I did this for many years with my belly dancing sword. It's a real sword, has a nice point on it, and will probably break at the hilt if used for a real sword purpose.

Greenman66669

...if you take up an apprenticeship with a Master leathersmith to have more garb options

....If you can't sleep at night because you are still wondering about what garb would look just perfect with your newly made Leather headpieces

...if you know the importance of the phrase " The beer is in the pickup truck."

Shogun of Japan
Loki Prince
FOKTOP Royal Marshall

Escarlata

...when you look at the training travel schedule being offered and try to find the classes/conferences that coincide with a faire

...when the main considerations for the new chariot are gas mileage and cargo space so that you can get all your stuff to the most faires
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Al-Nimer

...you spent all your spare time during the week (between weekends @ Scarby) uploading all the pictures taken during the previous weekend, reading/posting on this forum, and looking at all the other photo sites to see if you or anyone you know is in them!

...you're planning on going to at least 3 more faires before Thanksgiving...O.K., actually it's more like 5 more faires, but who's counting  ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

CaraGreenleaf

...when you wear your bodice scars as proudly as battle scars...

...when you justify quitting your job to yourself by seeing that the severance pay gives you a cushion for more fabric and much more time to sew in...

...when you wince at the fresh cuts on your waist line but still smile and say that this past Faire was one of the best yet...
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Dracconia

...when you work with no days off for a straight month to be able to go to every weekend of Four Winds Faire....

...when you count Faire as a "job" to justify it to the school board so they give you more scholarship money for travel expenses

...when you know that everyone you hang with in the Dane crowd thinks your nuts but you blather on about your weekend  becuase ALL they did was get drunk
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

MacLaren

...when your 70 year old father sees how much fun you're having and orders hundreds of dollars worth of matching kilt and accessories as you; right down to the swords he just bought!

And that's after asking why the hell would you wear such a thing, swearing he'd never, and after thinking I'm a damned fool, order from my seamstress the exact family plaid and gear to match ME! LOL!!!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Cobaltblu

...when you take photos of faire food so you can make it for yourself during the off-season.

...when you install a tiny dunke chair in your bathtub and play recordings you made at faire of the sheriff saying "Dunke dunke dunke" and then dunke yourself.

...when you buy mannequins and dress them in your garb at home around the house and pretend you are still at faire.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Blue66669

When in the middle of a Rennie rainstorm, the top priority is keeping the beer un-diluted...

When it's perfectly normal to experience 2 full moons in the middle of the afternoon...

When co-workers stop by your desk just to see pics of faire and ask when the next scheduled trip is...
Blaidd Drwg

Ginette

Quote from: Cobaltblu on June 02, 2008, 11:23:38 AM
...when you buy mannequins and dress them in your garb at home around the house and pretend you are still at faire.

Great idea!!

... you and a fellow brides maid talk about fair and garb during the bachelorette party in which you are both a part of.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

DonaCatalina

Your RenFaire raised daughter goes to a wedding 100 miles away and is the only one who knows how to lace the bride into her corset properly.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rage

When you put your house up for sale so that your fair lady and you can attend more fairs!

Ginette

You debate getting your car inspected and the oil changed so you can buy a new corset. But you then remember that you need the oil change to get to the new Central Texas Renaissance Faire in Camelot Village even if you have to go without new garb. 

http://www.centraltexasrenaissancefaire.com

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!