News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

.. you swear off Ren Faires for a while, then end up planning and start sewing next-season's garb the week after Faire closes!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

renren

Quote from: DonaCatalina on June 02, 2008, 01:27:27 PM
Your RenFaire raised daughter goes to a wedding 100 miles away and is the only one who knows how to lace the bride into her corset properly.
Bet you are a proud Mama! ;D
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

sarita420

Quote from: VIII on June 03, 2008, 12:37:51 PM
.. you swear off Ren Faires for a while, then end up planning and start sewing next-season's garb the week after Faire closes!

You sew your own garb?

That's fabulous!!

(I am working on getting pics and that little snippet of film from the joust for you.  Have been having computer issues.  My laptop apparently doesn't export video once it's saved.  Our new computer had a virus and had to be totally scrubbed and restarted.  Now that that is done, I can use the memory card drives and hopefully burn a DVD--finally....)

Sarita

VIII

Quote from: sarita420 on June 03, 2008, 04:54:37 PMYou sew your own garb?
All but the fantabulous scroll-work trim on my Great Coats, which is hand-done by Marion, a beautiful, talented German lady who does not come to Faire nearly enough!  There is over 100 yards of cord hand-sewn on each of my Great Coats.  "My poor fingers!" she says after each project.

Oh, yeah, I hate making shirts, so I got a friend, Jeanette, to make my last few.  She even did a row of Black-work Crowns on my collar and cuffs.  Alas, she also does not come to Faire much.

Don't worry about the Joust clip.  I'm sure I'll get it in time.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Athena

Quote from: blue66669 on June 02, 2008, 12:00:55 PM

When it's perfectly normal to experience 2 full moons in the middle of the afternoon...

Nothing quite like being greeted by the pale moonlight at faire....  ;)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Welsh Wench

..and getting more than you ever bargained for!  ;)

OK...you're a true Rennie when you go to an out-of-state faire and the vendor starts talking about a little girl who would come around to see the boy who worked for him and you realize that IT IS YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER!  :o

And the only reason he does is he sees the family resemblance...
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

fluffy tail

You take off every Friday in May so you don't have to work Saturdays.

Your faire garb is nicer than what you'd wear to church.

You show up at the vet (with an emergency) in garb with your shoulder puppet on and the staff is concerned there is a squirrel on the lobby.
IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

Lady L

You wear some of your garb to church. ;D
And the pastor doesn't mind, because he loves faire also. :)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

DuCoeur

...When your Ren Friends outnumber your mundane friends.  (which is really horrible because most of them live in a another bloody state.)

....the wife threatens divorce because you are gone every weekend (her fault for not attending).

....People at work dim bulb their heads to the side and say "What?"
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Blue66669

...when the people at work decide to start a Rennie Lexicon, so that they have some way to understand what you're telling them when you come back from a Faire vacation with Ren stories...

You know, I've had to explain privies and bodices and epaulets and swamparse and faire boogers and "on a stick" to a few people here LOL.
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Ann of Draycott

Quote from: DuCoeur on June 05, 2008, 07:15:14 AM
...When your Ren Friends outnumber your mundane friends. 

I can relate to that!  ;D
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

sarita420

Quote from: VIII on June 04, 2008, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: sarita420 on June 03, 2008, 04:54:37 PMYou sew your own garb?
All but the fantabulous scroll-work trim on my Great Coats, which is hand-done by Marion, a beautiful, talented German lady who does not come to Faire nearly enough!  There is over 100 yards of cord hand-sewn on each of my Great Coats.  "My poor fingers!" she says after each project.

Oh, yeah, I hate making shirts, so I got a friend, Jeanette, to make my last few.  She even did a row of Black-work Crowns on my collar and cuffs.  Alas, she also does not come to Faire much.

I am in awe of anyone so creative--you and those who contribute so much of the detail to your wondrous garb.  I wonder why these talented ladies do not attend Faire much?

(Can relate to the "my poor fingers" comment--my husband and I sewed a length of teeny pearls on the edge of my wedding veil--an edge that was a huge half-circle!)

Are you still a true Rennie if you leave the garb/creating/sewing/altering to the professionals?  :)  In my case, I think it really is safer!!

rengeek77

--When you have sat down and planned out how (if you were to have money) you could go to a faire every single month of the year, so you never have to go through withdrawal (Hoggetowne in January, AZ in February....)

--When, everytime you smell a meat smoker or patchouli or something along those lines, you stop and breathe deeply and exclaim, "That smells just like faire!!" (the beer and b.o. combo can occasionally fall into this category also, though I try not to breathe deeply)

--You have to buy an extra stand-up "closet" deal because your real closet has run out of room for ren clothes.  Bonus points if that closet was on your wedding registry (yep, this was me!)   ;D

--Your kids are disappointed when they find out you are splurging on a hotel (i.e. Motel 6) instead of camping at the faire. 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Once Debauched

You find it easier just to throw your entire pouch into your purse than to empty it only to refill it next Saturday morning before faire.
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Tygrkat

You announce that you're getting married at Faire and NO ONE is surprised....in his family or mine...or at work....

{ 2 months, 10 days and counting  ;D}
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.