News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Celtic Guitar

Started by Lord Virgo, February 25, 2010, 03:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Virgo

Greetings,

Can anyone recommend a website or book or any other reference to learn how to play Celtic guitar.  I've been playing guitar for about ten years and I want to focus on learning that style.  Any suggestion will be appreciated.
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Pascal

I've enjoyed "Celtic Guitar" By Glenn Weiser.  It's a tab book and CD combo. 

Eoghan

I've got two books I enjoy. The first is "Celtic Guitar" by Glenn Weiser, which is mainly his own settings of tunes for the fiddle or, occasionally, the bagpipes, all set down in tab. The second is "The Irish DADGAD Guitar Book" by Sarah McQuaid. It is entirely written in musical notation, so you would need to be comfortable reading music for the guitar. It is also, as the title suggests, all tunes in DADGAD tuning. I find the tunes in the DADGAD book a bit more natural to play, but there is plenty to enjoy in Glenn Weiser's book.

Lord Virgo

Excellent....Glenn Weiser's book it is then.  I appreciate the input.
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Lord Virgo

Can anybody tell me the Chord progression for The Kiss as performed by E Muzeki?  Thanks.
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

metalcelt

Is that the theme from Last of the Mohicans?

If so you use an Em, A Major and D

Kinda like this

Em A| Em A| D| Em | D | Em| Em

Hope this helps

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

The theme from LoM is "The Gael" 

Am  C  F  E,  repeat.  At least that's how we play it.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724