News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help Build Gryffinshyre- a sustainable village

Started by Rellspire, March 01, 2010, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

xavierzsada

I wanted to make sure I wasn't confusing anyone, I live in Kansas City, but the museum is intended to be based in Culpeper County Virginia.  So hopefully it will be closer to more of you and I am sorry if this was confusing.  I hope that those of you who live closer to Kansas City won't be too upset.  Keep up the good work, sometimes the pepsi ranks 'stick' for a few fdays but they will always catch up and your voting will not be lost.  I really appreciate all the help.  We can win this, it just means a little hard work!

Lady Catherine

2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

xavierzsada

For all of those that have already voted, please continue to vote everyday, it really does make a huge difference.  Once you have voted, when you sign in you can go to your profile and the idea will already be there waiting so you don't have to do anything else.  Thanks again!

xavierzsada

So we have passed 300 views, and most people who are going to the site are voting, so I am wondering and REALLY want some feedback as to those of you who are not voting, is there a reason for not voting?  Is the process too much to do, is it because Pepsi is the sponsor?  Because if all of you who viewed were also voting I would be in the top 100 by now and we have 3 weeks left, so it is completely feasible to win this grant still, hope is not lost.  I really do want to hear your opinions.

Lady Catherine

it shows ALL views, including every time you look and multiple times others view the thread. for instance, i have been here 3x, so that shows every time. others may be checking in to see the progress. hope that helps!

voting again today
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

xavierzsada

That does help.  If any of you are interested, Gryffinshyre has a FB page, I think it may be under group, but either way if you search Gryffinshyre on FB please add us and you can keep up there, as I will most likely be adding any change in rank there first, especially when we start moving up.  I was a little disappointed today because I emailed another competitor in another $ field.  The person said, yeah, go ahead and post to our fan page, you should get some voters.  We aren't actively looking for votes.  SO they are at 60# and they aren't even trying!  I am working my butt off to get as many people to vote as possible...if they aren't even trying that means they are taking a spot in the top 100 that someone else could be using :(  Granted, they aren't competiting against me, but still someone at rank 101 isn't going to get to continue to compete next month because they are taking up a spot...so selfish :(  If I decided that I was going to not get the grant I would be courteous enough to drop out so that I wouldn't be taking up space.

BubbleWright

Said  xavierzsada :
Quoteis there a reason for not voting? ... is it because Pepsi is the sponsor? 

While I appreciate what you are trying to do, I would not support anything that has to do with the Pepsi Company. A number of years ago the State of Delaware was holding Public Hearings on pending bottle deposit legislation. At the meeting I attended, 25 people spoke in favor of the measure, 5 spoke against (3 of these representing bottling interests from out of state), and 2 for alternate legislation. Those who spoke for the measure were roundly shouted down by a small but vociferous group. Despite objections from the floor, this group continued to harrass the pro-measure speakers. Upon investigation, this group turned out to be Pepsi truck drivers sent by Pepsi to disrupt the meeting. Any company that would send its employees to disrupt a Public Hearing like a bunch of Nazi Brown Shirt Bully Boys is beyond contempt, let alone support.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

xavierzsada

I understand your dislike of Pepsi, I am not too happy about having the involvement myself, but I am a single stay at home mom. I have been trying to find funding for over 5 years now, I finished the plan about 6 months after I started it in Oct 2003 and unless I decide to go non profit, which is its own tangled web of opinions and red tape, I have little chance of getting funding. Investors waant to see that the project will be a success, so me winning this grant would do a lot to show that.  I realize that it is a popularity contest, but that is what investors want to see, that the idea will attract visitors.  Grants don't normally exist for individuals, and I am going up against large organizations, that frankly don't need this money, they already can get gov't grants and funding by other means.  I on the other hand can not.  The majority of Renaissance festivals were started by people who already had land and money, or started small and worked for over 20 years before they even got a trickle.  I TOTALLY get where you are coming from, but I assure you that I won't sell out to corporate.  The project needs 16.5 millions over a 5 year period to get done correctly, but the 1/4 mil that Pepsi would get me would pay for the planning expenses and get me a business license, accountant and lawyer in Virginia.  Thanks for responding, cause I think that Pepsi is a lot of the problem.

xavierzsada

So excited to announce I finally added a fan page at FB.  If you search for Gryffinshyre it is the product/service; not the group (I am going to be zoning that out at the end of the month) I am really happy that it seems to be working out better than the group and I welcome you all there.  We are still at 147 and I am still hopeful that you will help me by voting and get us to the top.  It really doesn't take that much to move us forward, but the sooner the voting starts the easier it will be. There are 20 days left to vote and only 1/2 hour tonight ;)

xavierzsada

So I was talking with a fellow competitor and she is a math teacher, very sweet. She thinks that it would take roughly 2500 voters a day to win the competition.  The Girl in 3rd place (may not be there now but was) is going to local restuarants and bars to enlist voters.  I have a 3 yro daughter to care for... I can't be dragging her all over for PR sake. i amnot sure how many people we have voting for us in any given day, but I know that Farmville has 85+ million monthly users :)  I know there are hundreds of thousands of Texas Renaissance Festival patrons in 16 days (granted some may come every day) but I know that there are 2500+ rennies out there that can vote for gryffinshyre everyday for the next 20 days...so if you know one or are one PLEASE vote.
http://www.refresheverything.com/gryffinshyre
Thanks

xavierzsada

I just went to vote and without warning the site is down for 'maintenance' I wonder if my thoughts are correct that the more votes I get the lower my ranking sinks ;)  Either way, i just lost a ton of votes today because of this...not cool

xavierzsada

Hope you all are still voting. I have made some alliances with some other competitors(different $ arenas) so if you will all be so kind to vote for them as well, they hae vowed to vote for us...hopefully they are as chivalrous, as I am.  When you go into vote for Gryffinshyre just go up to the search bar and type in 'Hartwood' they are in the 5,000 I believe.  'Kristen Combs' is in the 50,000 and 'An apple for a day' is in the 25000.  You only have to search them once because after that they will be in your profile.  Also if you would please comment on their site.  All you need to write is Gryffinshyre so they know that you were there.  They have classes that are all voting, so we should be moving up the ranks.  I was voting for other groups, but they were moving forward as Gryffinshyre was standing still, so I can only assume that they were not voting for us, even though  my fans were voting for them.  So hopefully something good will come of this.

xavierzsada

Well we are finally SLOWLY moving fwd again.  We are at 148, and my people have not voted yet, so that is good.. I hope that will liven you bunch up to continue voting.  It really only takes a second of your time and I hope you will get interested in the project before it is too late.  Gryffinshyre will move forward whether we win this grant or not, but it sure would be nice to say that rennies helped to do it.  I am also hoping to find a way to keep track of those loyal to voting, so that something can be worked out after we open.  The only way of currently KNOWING that you are voting is if I am a friend of yours on FB and I see that you are posting to your wall, after voting.  Some of you have emailed me and shown an interest in helping, so spreading the word would help a lot right now and as we get closer to funding if you fan the gryffinshyre FB page then I can keep you up to date on the progress