News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help Build Gryffinshyre- a sustainable village

Started by Rellspire, March 01, 2010, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xavierzsada

Today is my birthday- if nothing else good comes of today I would love it if you would all vote for Gryffinshyre- you can make up all the information- http://www.refresheverything.com/gryffinshyre
Thanks

xavierzsada

feels sad that with 450+ visits it doesn't seem to making an impact at all to the vote rank.  But is a good opportunity to explain to my 3 yro the story of the little red hen

kristinarose1

Lady Rosaline

I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

xavierzsada

Thank you all for voting, sadly the ranks are not so easy this month as they have been last month.  Also due to the unsavory behavior in the top ranks, I have decided that this is not a competition that i want to continue with.  There was not enough votes to get me close to rolling over and the competitors were getting rather childish in their behavior.  I hope that you will all continue to keep an eye out for news of Gryffinshyre and perhaps we will find legitimate funding elsewhere (soon).  We are on FB- search Gryffinshyre (product- service) Thanks again

xavierzsada

During the last couple of days I had started looking into the comments on the other ideas (the ideas in the top ranks) I was very put off by what I saw there.  I decided to resign from the competition (not that we were even close this month ;)  I decided that it is a waste of time considering that it is highly suspect that people toward the fron ranks were making up phony names to discredit others ideas, as well as probably making up phony emails as well to cushion their lead.  I don't want to be involved in anything dishonest.  I will leave Gryffinshyre up, since it will be dropped in a few days anyway, but I wanted you to be aware that I will not be voting, and hope that you will spend what time you spent (although short) with loved ones rather than voting for something that needs to be let go.  Blessed Be.

xavierzsada

Part of the dream of Gryffinshyre was to be able to sustain itself, while using the revenues produced to act as a philanthropist to other projects.  After deciding to stop voting for myself- I decided tonight, that I would vote for a competitor who had actually befriended me AND voted for me.  She deserves to win the grant, she has always had kind words for me and never criticized when it could have been easy for her to sink to the levels the others did.  She is a decent human being, and that is saying a lot.  Her name is Lily Lee-Jones and she is hoping to use the grant to open a math club for her students.  It may not be the noblest of causes, but it is sincere.  I hope that anyone who was voting for me will STOP and start giving her my votes. Blesses Be