News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Care and Feeding of your Noble Renaissance Garb

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 30, 2008, 11:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnFayeCutler

Nailin - I bought a travel steamer and started using the daylights out of it, because of Lucy using her steamer. I went for a more portable option and I love it! Mine's by Conair and I got it at K-Mart
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Nailin

Thanks Captain! I wanted other people's thoughts as I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't going to work - Do you know any other details for the one you have other than it's a Conair? - Are you on facebook? - Nailin'
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

CapnFayeCutler

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_00862094000P?keyword=steamer&sid=S-on-Kx20k061224x0000002

There's the steamer I have. I would have gotten the awesome one that has the rod for hanging, but again, I got this one for portability.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Luna

i have had a mishap. i have this leather purse i bought a few years back from a wagon at TRF.
yesterday i was at sherwood forest faire, which had horrible weather. too make a long story short i was carrying hot chocolate and the wind caused it to spill onto my purse.
not sure what i can use to clean it, or maybe just wipe it off?

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2010, 06:05:41 PM
i have had a mishap. i have this leather purse i bought a few years back from a wagon at TRF.
yesterday i was at sherwood forest faire, which had horrible weather. too make a long story short i was carrying hot chocolate and the wind caused it to spill onto my purse.
not sure what i can use to clean it, or maybe just wipe it off?

If it's smooth leather, then yes just wipe it off with a towel and clean water!
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Dinobabe

I stained my leather skirt last year.  I took it to a leather cleaner (dry cleaning place) and they did a wonderful job!
From what he explained to me it's clean all or nothing and you risk changing the color when you do.  But mine came out perfect. 
It was worth the $15!  I don't know if that helps.  Good luck.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com