News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Texas Pirate Festival

Started by Blackbead, March 03, 2010, 01:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates!  This year, 2010, on the weekend of May 1-2, The Texas Pirate Festival will open its doors on the grounds of Middlefaire, outside of Hillsboro, TX!  Check out the website at http://www.middlefest.com/TX_Pirate_Festival/index.html!  This is just the beginning but the Texas Pirate Festival hopes to become the premier pirate event in Texas!  Come see the pirates battle their way into the "seaside" village of Middlefaire, capture the governor, and take over the town for this entire weekend!  There will be pirate merchants, pirate poetry, pirate songs, pirate food, pirate tales, pirate jokes, pirate dances, and much, MUCH more!  Come one, come all and get in on the sea floor!  Sea you in the Middle!!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Emerald Shaunassey

Yar Blackbead, ye've the right o' it mate.  The Ladies of the Salty Kiss shall be sailing into the Middle port and seeing what adventure and booty are tae be had!

Until that glorious day, I wish thee

Fair Winds an' Followin' Seas

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Blackbead

OUTSTANDING, Captain!  Perhaps we can finally answer the burning question of "WHO should be the 'pirate laureate' of The Texas Pirate Festival??"

On a completely separate note - the wild geese flew from their pond this morning.  I say again, the wild geese flew from their pond this morning.

You should be getting a box of "wild geese" in less than a week.

And by "wild geese", I mean copies of the books.

And by "flew", I mean UPS picked them up and are bringing them to you.

And by "UPS", I mean . . .

This is getting us nowhere.  The books are on the way.  There, how about that?
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Emerald Shaunassey

The "wild geese" flew in this weekend while I was in Texas and arrived safe and sound, Papa Bird.  :o)
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Blackbead

Aye; I spoke with Diamond and am hoping the best for our 'Venture in the next few days.  I've an event meself on Wednesday.  BUT, I am also FAIRE excited about seeing you and your crew at the Texas Pirate Fest!  Perhaps we can run up the Pirate Laureate Contest and see who shoots at it?!?!?

Blackbead

Blackbead

Just around the next headland, it'll soon be here!

Come out and help us take this town and hold it against all comers!

Blackbead

Blackbead

The Texas Pirate Festival Is Born!!

With tremendous weather (lots of sunny skies and strong, cool winds) the heart of Texas was home this weekend to The Texas Pirate Festival.  It was the first year of this event but it was full of pleasant surprises for this vendor/performer and it's one that I hope grows and grows as the years progress.  My pirate fort was actually full at times as we had more patrons than I expected, although I am sure that was the result of a large contingent of the cast of Four Winds, a Renfaire over in Tyler, Texas, joining us for the festivities.  The French King came in and bought a flintlock.  When I asked him why he rattled off something in that Frenchie talk they have but his interpreter told me it was for his protection in the village since it seemed to be full of pirates, privateers, buccaneers and scalawags!

The Bilge Pumps, the Ladies of the Salty Kiss, Without a Net, Willy's Wiley Wenches, Brendanna's Dream, and The Iron Hills Vagabonds provided lots and lots of entertainment.  Two different belly dancing troupes showed off their . . . skills - Sultan's Dream and Tribal Evolution.  And the Blue Moon Boucanniers "fought the good fight" with live, black powder reenactments of a pirate crew claiming the town for the weekend!

In addition, there was, on each day, pirate costume contests with Grand Prizes of over $240 in prizes going to the winners!

The village was full of vendors and there were several food vendors to feed you. Management still doesn't have their liquor license, yet, so the beer and wine were complimentary.

I did my "Devil's Tavern" show on several occasions, and while one of them was attended by only two patrons, another was full and the audience gave me that rare gift of rapt attention as I told them the tale of the Sabre and it's ghost!  This was an auspicious beginning to what I believe is going to become a hit!  Make you plans to be there next year - the Santa Teresa should be finished, docked at the wharf and ready to take on boarders!

Pattycakes

Sounds like sooo much fun. And plenty of chaos too! Oh, what is a wench to do? Show up of course! Hope to see you out there!! :-*
Patty
IWG #3749
Member of Local 13
"Not all who wander are lost"

Blackbead

Excellent, Patty!

Come see how far the ship has progressed in September for Middlefaire!  Of course, the Pirate Weekend at Middlefaire will be on my birthday - Oct 2-3 (I was a BIG baby!) - this year!