News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Four Wind Favorite?

Started by Craigmeister, March 06, 2010, 12:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

What is everyone's favorite thing about Four Winds Faire?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Al-Nimer

If I had to pick one thing, I'd have to say my favorite is the award-winning joust team.  I also like the fact that the faire is small enough to allow patrons to interact with the cast & get to know them more, yet large enough to offer lots of different shows & vendors.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Dracconia

My favorite thing about it is the people :) The vendors and cast mingle...it's great! :) You get to know each other and I love it!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Ronald the Bald

First I would say the joust.

Second the vendors. There are some different vendors than I see at other faires.

There are some other things, but those are the top.

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

TwistedLeather

My favorite thing about FWF is Dracconia....but seriously...I enjoy the live steel fighting both as a performer and a spectator and everyone who attends or participates as vendors or cast are all really down to earth people. The parties after hours are worthy of mention as well....LOL.

Butch.
Butch
Owner-Twisted Gryphon Leather
twistedleather.com

Dracconia

AWWW! Butch you get such a big hug for that one!!! Yep you moved into favorite status!!!

:D
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Craigmeister

Yesterday, I got to meet a lot of the other patrons of the faire.  They pointed out how non-commercialized the faire is.  Those are my favorite things - the people & the lack of commercialization.

During my first visit to 4 Winds last year, I mostly checked out the vendor booths & hung out w/ my buddy, Leghorn the Piper.  This weekend, I had more time to hang around & was able to compete in the archery tournament.  I met a lot of great people participating & running the show.  They helped me figure out that the friendly atmosphere was what I like the most.  I don't feel like a number or just some more income that walks in the gate.

I also really enjoyed the pub sing at the end of the day.  It was my first anywhere.  Everyone had a great time.  I didn't want it to be over.  I'll have to find a way to make it back to 4 Winds next year.

To everyone who participates in this great event, in front of or behind the scenes:  HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!  HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!  HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dracconia

*Hugs* Craigmeister We were glad to see you come and sad to see you leave!!! I will be looking for you next year and hopefully get to meet you face to face!!!!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

SirRichardBear

posted as couple of short videos of the joust to facebook.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin