News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

May I Make a Suggestion?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, March 06, 2010, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

This year, if you're looking for a new faire to visit and have never been to the St. Louis RF, run, don't walk, to this amazing and wonderful faire.

The people are tops, so friendly and nice, the shows are great, the shopping is wonderful, the location is beautiful.  I can't recommend it enough.

And if you are going for 2 days, buy the Friend of Faire pass.  Each pass gives you 2 free tickets to go in, a tee shirt, and the privilege of entering the FoF garden, where you can meet even more wonderful people, have free water and gatorade, and fresh fruit to munch on, plus private - and spanking clean -privies.  As well as a seat to relax when you get tired from wandering around and experiencing this amazing faire.

The only reason we aren't going back this year (we went last Memorial Day for the first time), is because we're going to BARF and Scarby for our "big trips" this year.  But we definitely plan to visit again in the future, because this is a great faire!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Malcolm

Lady Renee and Steve are always welcome to Petit Lyon!
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Mythrin

Thank you for your lovely review.  We are excited to be putting our largest cast to date on the streets!

We look forward to your next visit with us. 
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

Lady Renee Buchanan

Thank you for all your kind words.  We look forward to coming back for another visit, just aren't sure when.  Too many faires, too little time!

P.S.  I know I said the shopping was wonderful, but I forgot to add that the prices are so reasonable compared to prices in the other metropolitan faires that we've gone to. 
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Butch

Well, my family and I are planning on going over Memorial Day weekend.  We'll be coming over from Kansas City.  We are planning on getting those "Friends of the Faire" passes (les Armies de Lyon, I believe?).  Our personna is that of a family from Calais, which was English (during the Renaissance), but was on the French mainland; therefore, the ethnicity of THIS faire fits us perfectly!

I'm really looking forward to it, and also looking forward to seeing 3 Pints Gone again!

Dinobabe

Maybe I am on the wrong site, renstl.org, but there is almost no info on the site.  When is it, how much are tickets, where is it exactly, etc.?
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

act2redux

If I'm doing this correctly this should hand you a link...

http://www.renstl.org/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=95

for the current season...dont know if you can just click on the above or if you'll have to copy/paste, but it should be working...

Bossmare

renstl.org is the website for our parent organization, Renaissance St. Louis, Inc., a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit.

There are links there to our site for our events, The Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire,  www.stlrenfaire.com

and

The St. Louis Pirate Festival,  www.stlpiratefest.com

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

jcbanner

Bossmare, thats not entirely true. yes Renstl.org is the website for the parent organization, but the separate event webpages are all migrating to it.  trying to consolidate all the available information in one place and what not.  the old addresses should still forward to the new location though

if you look at teh left hand column, you'll find Greater St Louis Renaissance Faire listed under Productions. under that will be links about merchants, the faire's history, entertainment, and dates and tickets.

heres the direct link for ticket prices and dates: http://www.renstl.org/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=96

queeneleanore

Thanks for the advice about the FoF tickets.  I'm considering visiting this faire and would like to know if there's a camp ground or if I need to find other accommodations for the weekend.  It's a very long drive for me from Texas.  Also I read on the GSLRF website this is Lyon France.  What year is this faire set in, and who are the royals?  Just want to be prepared, as I also portray a high profile historical character.

Thanks for any information,

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

jcbanner

Sorry to say there is no onsite camping for patrons. But there are a few hotels in the area.  I recommend the Economy Inn. it doesn't look like much from the road, but the rooms are nice, and they are clean.  The staff in my experience has been very helpful and friendly. 
Its about a 5-10 minute drive from the faireground, but thats about the same distance they are all at.

the town is Petit Lyon, France
trying to remember the exact year, it's either 1519, or 1523. (Mythrin, care to help me out?)

our king is King Francois
with his wife, Queen Claude

also to be found are members of the Royal Family:
Francois, - the Dauphin
Louise De Savoie, - the King's Mother
Margaret de Angoulême, - the King's Sister
Renee de France, Duchess de Chatres, - the Queen's Sister
Anne de Bretagne, Duchess of Brittany, - the Queen's Mother

There is also a full cast of other members of the court and dignitaries, but you'll have to come out and find out who they are ;)

I hope you do decide to visit us! Theres more then just the French nobles to be seen here.

jcbanner

I found the exact year at a meeting this weekend. We are portraying 1518. 

Lady Renee Buchanan

We stayed at a Days Inn in the area.  I can't remember where exactly it was, but it was inexpensive, clean, and the staff was very nice.  There is a Mexican restaurant that is literally attached to it (if this jogs any of the locals' memories).  The restaurant was packed when we got back from faire, so we tried it.  It had really great food, and was inexpensive.  The hotel was less that 7 or 8 minutes from faire, if that far, so it was an ideal location for us.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Butch

HUZZAH!  Less than 8 weeks until Memorial Day weekend, and my days at the St Louis RenFaire!