News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

VERY poor RF representation at Arizona!

Started by The Scotsquatch, March 07, 2010, 10:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Scotsquatch

Why aren't there alot of us RFers here in Arizona?  I've met ONE fellow RFer since I've been here!  I'm sure there are more, but usually we are coming out of the woodwork at a renfaire!  It's a great Renfaire...where are the members?

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

dbaldock

Did you check the Pubs?   ;)   ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

crazyrennie

And on that note
It was great to meet you on Satyreday.

Hope you stayed warm/dry on Sunday

Crazy

Apolonia

Quote from: The Scotsquatch on March 07, 2010, 10:57:12 PM
Why aren't there alot of us RFers here in Arizona?  I've met ONE fellow RFer since I've been here!  I'm sure there are more, but usually we are coming out of the woodwork at a renfaire!  It's a great Renfaire...where are the members?

Kev

Perhaps because there aren't a lot of RFers here in Arizona, as compared to some other states? Many of us do attend every weekend, although not both days, but we don't run around in packs!  ;)  I should be there one day next weekend; I'll stop by and introduce myself.  Mayhap you can land more marshmallows in my basket.  (BTW - loved the colored marshmallows for Echo weekend!)

Apolonia

Quote from: dbaldock on March 08, 2010, 08:47:59 AM
Did you check the Pubs?   ;)   ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock

With one exception, our pubs are more along the lines of ale stands and the proprietors tend to frown on us just hanging about the bars (need to make room for other paying customers, ye ken?).  The Dancing Pig Pub and Stage is our only sit-down pub, with benches and a few tables facing the stage.  Some of us just wander about the shire all the day!   ;D

Apolonia

Quote from: crazyrennie on March 08, 2010, 09:21:26 AM
And on that note
It was great to meet you on Satyreday.

Hope you stayed warm/dry on Sunday

Crazy

Warm and dry on Sunday?  You ARE crazy!  As am I, for spending the entire soggy day there! 

GemArtist

I haven't been very vocal and/or sociable lately. This is my first year as a crafter at AZRF (old veteran entertainer) and I'm in the process of taking my business to the next level, so busy, busy, busy. I love it when folks stop by and introduce themselves. Gryphon Song Gems is currently in Stan the Coincutter's booth (Reva and Rabbit Moon for you other oldtimers) on the back side of the Falconer's Heath between the Mud Stage/Lancer's Pub and WindWalker Moccasins (who now carry my buttons for their boots - including custom ones). I plan to be much more social next year, starting when I come home from this year's circuit.
Epaul - Gem Artist
Gryphon Song Gems
Celtic Carved Gems & Jewelry
Signet Rings & Desk Seals
AZRF Booth 316
KRF

Carl Heinz

Quote from: GemArtist on March 09, 2010, 02:05:45 PM
Gryphon Song Gems is currently in Stan the Coincutter's booth (Reva and Rabbit Moon for you other oldtimers) on the back side of the Falconer's Heath between the Mud Stage/Lancer's Pub and WindWalker Moccasins (who now carry my buttons for their boots - including custom ones).
Please say Hi to Reva for me.  Hope to see her doing a guest artist stint again this year at RPFS.  Also, if you'd kindly mention to her that I'd like another wolf skull feather holder for a hat like she did for me a long time ago.  I've been doing some using ermine skulls, but they're just not the same.

I don't think pubs are a West Coast faire thing although we do have them at Dickens.  The pub type shows are done on stages--more space and fewer problems with folks trying to reserve seating.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Lady Isabella

OK Kev, gonna stop by Sat to say "Hello!" I have been by, made a purchase, first weekend.  ;D

GemArtist

Quote from: Carl Heinz on March 09, 2010, 02:20:03 PM
Please say Hi to Reva for me. 

Reva really cut back on doing shows a couple of years ago due to her mother's illness, which included selling her booth at AZRF to Stan the Coincutter. She was out last Sunday, but won't be back again this year. You can get in touch with her through her website Amber Moon www.ambereva.com
Epaul - Gem Artist
Gryphon Song Gems
Celtic Carved Gems & Jewelry
Signet Rings & Desk Seals
AZRF Booth 316
KRF

crazyrennie

Hiya GemArtist,
I'll stop by and say hi Satyreday-
its not like I'm not in the neighborhood
Crazy

Fairietink

I was out last Sat, and I shall be out again this Sat. I always wear my pin on my belt, I'll try to look for more folks when I am about.
Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

Comte de Gilbert

Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Fairietink

That is cause my brain isn't working, I was out last Sat and then NEXT as in not today, duh next week

ladylissame

My housemate (he isn't on R/F but his girlfriend is) will be at AZRF on the 27th. Will he count?
Look for him: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?pid=38438467&id=21421727

The Scotsquatch

Admin here needs to send me a bunch of business cards...then when I see playtrons...folks dressed all up in garb that are patrons....who aren't in RF, I can hand out the cards!  Either that, or make up printable downloadable cards or flyers, and I'll print them out myself and hand them out.

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

DeadBishop

Quote from: The Scotsquatch on March 14, 2010, 09:01:37 PM
Admin here needs to send me a bunch of business cards...then when I see playtrons...folks dressed all up in garb that are patrons....who aren't in RF, I can hand out the cards!  Either that, or make up printable downloadable cards or flyers, and I'll print them out myself and hand them out.

Kev

Idea well received.  I'll see what I can do to come up with a flyer.  :)

R/F.com member since 2003

The Scotsquatch

That would be great!  Just something official looking with a link to download it would be awesome!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Marcos Charron

Well,

We were pretty good till we lost our webmistress, then interest seemed to go away.

Maybe we need to get her back?

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Fairietink

Cards work really well, The Bone Crew has cards and I can tell you that every faire we have went people knew us before we even got there because of the word of mouth.