News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chippewa Valley faire

Started by Prof. John Bull, March 08, 2010, 06:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. John Bull

They're apparently announced dates for this year: May 22 to June 19.

Their website: http://festfun.com/

No word on vendors, acts, etc.

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Hatter

Always interested in checking out a fledgling fair.  It was getting good before it closed.

Leyla

So is this the old fair in a new location or the new fair in the old location?

Hatter

Looking at the map, I think it is a new fair at the old location.

Lord Clisto of York

it is a new faire at the old location, The original faire moved to Glennwood City area, trying to get going there.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

LadyFae

Ooh ooh!  This one sounds close enough to bring the kiddos to!  We already go to Twig and Shakopee but we want to see more Faires!  =)  Thanks for posting the info on this one!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

so excited to go to another faire!  Aladyandfae - how about the second weekend?
  :D
Everything goes better with giggles

suzanne

Yes, We have announced the dates for the Chippewa Valley Renaissance Faire.  It will run weekends from May 22 to June 20th, 2010. 
We are so excited to re-open our gates and to welcome friends both old and new. 
All of our exciting news and contact information can be located at our website at festfun.com

Hope to see you there!

Suzanne

SleepyArcher

I'm in!!

I can do either of the last two weekends in May.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

DeadBishop

Will have to play this one by ear and see what the boss let's me have off for weekends....

R/F.com member since 2003

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: suzanne on March 22, 2010, 11:56:33 PM
Yes, We have announced the dates for the Chippewa Valley Renaissance Faire.  It will run weekends from May 22 to June 20th, 2010.  
We are so excited to re-open our gates and to welcome friends both old and new.  
All of our exciting news and contact information can be located at our website at festfun.com

Hope to see you there!

Suzanne 

OK, I'm a little confused by the wording here... Please bear with me.
I was under the impression that the Faire operating at the Chippewa Falls location is under different ownership and is, in essence a "new" faire.  How can a new faire re-open their gates? 
The original owners of the faire at this location are opening their faire in Glenwood but still calling it by the same name as before and saying it's their 4 (or is it 5th?) season.

Alright, I'm totally confused.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

BLAKDUKE

good friends of mine Dave and Chris Bhend will be attending as the Lord and Lady of Drakenwode.  Please say Hi for me as we cannot make it unless the lottery fairy lites on my shoulder.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

suzanne

Good day,
I will try to shed light on the confusion surrounding the Old Faire/New Faire situation for you.  Approximately eighteen previous Faire shareholders repurchased the Faire Grounds after the foreclosure.  Our original hopes, dreams, and love for this Faire and the property it is located on encouraged us to attempt to save it and bring it back bigger and better than before.  We formed a corporation named Wisconsin Festival Grounds Inc.  We have been working diligently for over a year to bring The Renaissance Faire back.  It has returned under a new name/old location, Chippewa Valley Renaissance Faire.  There is  renewed excitement, new management, and lots of changes in store for the opening.  There are also other events in the planning for the utilization of the property.  We hope to see you there!

As for the Old Faire in the new location...I am sorry to say that I really do not know what is transpiring there. All I know is that a few of the old shareholders moved on to a new location and are planning on restarting the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire in that location sometime in the future. 

Well wishes for both Faires!!

Suzanne 

Marietta Graziella

Thank you for the clarification, Suzanne.    I know I was not alone in my disappointment when the Chippewa Falls location closed-it had so much potential!   

I am thrilled to see that it will be open once again and am excited for the new things yet to come.

As for the Glenwood location...Huzzah to more faires!  I very much look forward to opening day!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.