News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 dates

Started by Prof. John Bull, December 05, 2011, 02:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. John Bull

Per http://festfun.com, the dates for 2012 are weekends from May 19 through June 17.  They do not appear to be operating on Memorial Day.

Jon Hanslow

Any word on whether or not cvrf is happening this year?
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Ms Trish

I was poking on that site the other day looking to see if they posted the themes for the weekends yet. I wanna know what's going on the weekend I'm headed out there!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The last piece I saw said they were going ahead with planning and fund raising.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jon Hanslow

According to a few sources who work there, its all down to a board meeting to be held next week and what they can/have raised. Heres hopin'....

MissBubu

Peasants-for-Hire were told to go ahead a plan on being there. What I heard through the grapevine was that the decision was going to be made on Tuesday, March 27th.

Jon Hanslow

Aye, i just heard from a few people that they are going ahead with cvrf. Here is hoping they find enough ti keep people busy/entertained.

MissBubu

Peasants will be there to play, and Terpsichory plans on being there too.

Marietta Graziella

Saw on Facebook that this faire is cancelled for the 2012 season. Can we get an official word from the festival folks? Very sad news indeed.
:-[  ???
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

auntiegiggles

It was posted today by the Board of Investors rep that there will be no faire this season.  The grounds have gone into foreclosure. 
Everything goes better with giggles

auntiegiggles

here's the original message posted for the CVRF group on Facebook:

I am very saddened to post this tonight but the Chippewa Valley Renaissance Faire for 2012 is NOT going to happen. The High Council attended an investors meeting today; we were told that the faire will not open this season. VOT is also cancelled at this time. The property is going into forclosure.
This DOES NOT KILL THE GUILD. We will continue; this is not our only performance opportunity.
Here's what we have scheduled at this time:
A) Regular Guild meeting on April 14, 1-5 pm. Watch for details on this meeting.
B) We will still plan on marching in all parades that have been discussed and scheduled.
C) The "Ren on the Glen" is still a go for the last weekend in July. We have lots of work and planning to do for this Faire. It will be an amazing weekend.
D) Other Faires are being and will be explored: Shakopee, Bristol, Door County, Janesville, Souix Falls. We are trying to make contacts at these Faires for our Guild to attend as guest performers.
WE ALSO HAVE PROPERTY STORED ON THE GROUNDS THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED ASAP! If you can help this coming Friday and/or Sat. FB message Dawn M. Olson. I will coordinate getting us access to the grounds. We will need some trucks and vans to load with our stuff.
Truly disapointed,
Dawn (Momma Claire)
Everything goes better with giggles

Jon Hanslow

It makes me so upset to hear about this... I can't believe it.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I am bummed too that there will be no Chippewa Valley Renaissance Festival. We were planning to go again.

One of the Renaissance Clothing vendors I  joint venture with had a Shop there.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

white trillium

Very sad to hear this news.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven