News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chippewa Valley faire

Started by Prof. John Bull, March 08, 2010, 06:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

I was told by cast at the Chippewa faire just a bit ago that is is being foreclosed on and will not be on. I have no information on any in Glenwood city. That was suppose to be the home of the original Wisconsin Renaissance Faire after they too went under some years back, but that never took place in Glennwood either. Waiting on more information at the moment. I have some calls in to mgt.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

Ok, I pu in some calls and it is dead. Funding isn't there. But the Glennwood city thing I know nothing about.

auntiegiggles

The Guild voted at their last meeting to perform at a new faire called "Ren in the Glen" - this is its first year.   I was on cast and at the meeting.  We (the Guild members) were informed the faire would be the last weekend in July only.  Admission is free - there are no buildings.  The land owner really wants to use the land for a faire.  I know nothing else at this time.  I will do my best to keep everyone posted as the event is set up.
Everything goes better with giggles

MissBubu

Please keep us informed about "Ren in the Glen". I know the peasants would be interested in playing there.

auntiegiggles

will do.  one of the Guild's board members posted pics today of the site.  It looks a lot like the site in Twig, MN.
Everything goes better with giggles

Ms Trish

Quote from: auntiegiggles on April 03, 2012, 06:24:30 PM
The Guild voted at their last meeting to perform at a new faire called "Ren in the Glen" - this is its first year.   I was on cast and at the meeting.  We (the Guild members) were informed the faire would be the last weekend in July only.  Admission is free - there are no buildings.  The land owner really wants to use the land for a faire.  I know nothing else at this time.  I will do my best to keep everyone posted as the event is set up.

The sooner the better with info...my summer is filling up way too quickly and it's not even here yet!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

How is your Fall looking? We will have the pleasure of your and MG's company again at RenDezvous, will we not?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Ms Trish

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 04, 2012, 05:46:17 PM
How is your Fall looking? We will have the pleasure of your and MG's company again at RenDezvous, will we not?

I will be there (remember the convo about the bells??). I do not think MG is joining, but I won't speak for her!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lord Clisto of York

Glennwood City site is the site we were preparing some years back for the old Wisconsin Renaissance Faire's new location. I was at the initial meeting on the land for it back then. I believe it is even listed in Renaissance Magazine under faires yet for that site. The land has great potential for sure, and the owner of the land was really gung ho clearing a lot of it out for us. It just fell through there as well because of start up funding which you need to make it go. I wish the best for everyone.