News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dubuque Renaissance Faire 2010

Started by Dustin, April 14, 2010, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

So who's planning to attend this one? They have a new location and joust this year. I hear this is a great small faire. I'm hoping to attend Sunday, for my first visit to this faire.

http://www.dbqart.com/DMAFaire.htm
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Lady Renee Buchanan

I will be there both days.  It's very small, but we always enjoyed it.  And we want to support a faire only 25 minutes from our home!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

I will definitely be there both days since I am performing. Heck, I am in the court so I have to be. LOL... I love this little faire since it has a lot of character. And, I like working with everyone. They are like a second family. And, this faire is a fund raiser for the Museum of Arts, so it's all good.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Knight of the Holy Blade of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

CecilsTanequin

I couldn't tell from the website what set up they have for cast for court etc. What period does the court aim at Clisto? I might come on Sunday and would love to chill w/ the court but if I'm totally out of the period ballpark I'll leave well enough alone...
Kat Brown
Guilde of St. George - Bristol
'07-'08 Lady Anne Cecil
'09-'12 Mistress Mary Radcliffe

Lord Clisto of York

Hey, how are you. Cool there lady. If you want to be closer to the period portrayed, it is basically the 1550's. Even we have a little mixture in the court since this court does other time periods elsewhere within a certain number of years. Heck, just come as you want. Its a faire and whatever makes you have more fun and feel comfortable in wear it. No one will say anything about it. Any Ren dress you have will work. Would love to see you and chat. Would be great.

Lord Clisto

Lady Rosalind

Just one week to go, folks! I can't wait to start off the faire season!

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, it is getting exciting Lady Rosalind.  Hope the weather will be nice.

Lady Renee Buchanan

My friend Carol and I will be there both days.  Steve will attend on Sunday.  Hoping my friend Sarah can attend one or both of the days.  If you see me, please come up and say hi.

And don't forget, if you've gone in the past, they've changed the location (to accommodate the jousting), so don't go to the old venue at Storybook Park!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, once again, here is their new location -

Dubuque Renaissance Faire
May 22-23, 2010
NEW LOCATION:

11764 John F. Kennedy Rd

Dubuque, IA 52001-0104

(location of Union Park YMCA Camp)

http://www.dbqart.com/DMAFaire.htm

Lord Clisto

Catherine Regina

I am so glad to hear that folks are interested in this small festival that I produce for the Museum of Art.  Let's pray for good weather and hope that everyone has a great time!  (I also hope I get some sleep this week - producing can be stressful work - trying to keep all the balls in the air, while getting ready to give a performance as well)

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, as her Majesty spake, come on out to this great event. You will love it as much as we do. And, yes, your majesty, get your rest. It is hard to rule on sleepless days.

Lord Clisto of York

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Busy weekend, but hope to make it for a while on Sunday - we are only an hour away
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

Seek me out in court. Hope you can make it. Goingg to be HOT, HOT, HOT...

Lord Clisto of York

Hi my friends,

Last night I finished putting up my pictures from the 3rd annual  Dubuque Renaissance Faire in Iowa. The weather was good, but HOTTTT!!! Especially on Sunday when it was in the 90's with almost 100% humidity. Was also great to see several people from Bristol that came out to play as well. To see the pictures, just go to the link on my site below and click on the Dubuque Faire link.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Now its off to Mayfaire in Michigan this Sunday 5/30/10. Hope to see many friends there.

Invictus Maneo

Lord Clisto