News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

new hat

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, March 09, 2010, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

ok so i'm always changing something in my wardrobe from one faire season to the next this year i'm working on a new cavalier's hat i really should have started it right after i got back from Peru but i didn't so now i'm working on it like a mad hatter( i know bad pun) anyhow i got the feathers except for for one and i've got my pin in it and i've just recieved the roses i'm going to use on it now i'm on the hunt for lace. If i can't find it today after work this weekend i'm going to go hunt for my lace
right now my biggest thing is finding what i want
as for the roses would floral tape be the best way to keep them attached to each other? and i'm still toying with the idead of how to attach the lace and the roses to the hat it's self
I'll post pictures of the progress when i get home.
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Christina de Pond

alright so i'm finished yeaaaa i can't wait to post picks
I took my feathers and secured them together with floral tape and put the roses together with it as well. thankfully the way i have the roses on the hat it hides the tape i also connecected the roses to the feathers i did find my lace Saturday afternoon unfortunetly it wasn't enough so sunday after church i was back at the store purchasing another spool i wound up taking and using fabric glue on the hat to secure the roses and the lace. I can't be more pleased with it's out come. I'll post pics tonight
Lady Ashley of De Coals

amy

Now I can't wait to see it either!  I just finished my hat and I think it was one of the funnest garb projects I have done to date!   Plus now I will know how to find you if you wear it to GARF!

Lady Christina de Pond

my hat after i've pinned it and added feathers

trying to decide if i wanted the gold braid or not

after the roses arrived trying them out

the lace search began and heres what it come to be

Lady Ashley of De Coals

amy

Really Really Pretty~  Great job!   Love it all and especially the little crest pin!  I love the finishing touches.

Lady Christina de Pond

thank you i found the pin last year and Garf and had to have it so ofcourse it had to go on my new hat i was still kinda iffy about the roses until i got the lace and started adding the lace but i like it i can't wait to wear it
Lady Ashley of De Coals