News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Missouri Renaissance Festival (MoRF)

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, March 10, 2010, 07:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Greetings!

New Ownership, New Name, & New Location for 2010     

Missouri Renaissance Festival will be held July 24th & 25th, 2010 in Morse Park, Neosho, Mo.  Hours of operation are: Saturday 10AM - Dusk, Sunday 11AM - 6PM.  We are an IRISH Festival set in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland c. 1510.
     This is a DRY event, no alcohol sold NOR allowed onto Festival site by any means (i.e., Tankard, Flask, Cup, Bota bag, etc.).   

We are still accepting applications for Vendors/Demonstrators & Entertainers, and accepting Volunteer Street Cast.  Next Open-to-Anyone Meeting is Saturday, March 20th, 2010 from 12pm - 3pm at Daddy Jim's Restaurant on S. Highway 59 in Neosho.

For more information, visit our Facebook Group page at: http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=338310440036   

Or Festival the website at: http://morenfest.com/

Slainte!
Emerald

IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Butch

FANTASTIC!  I will be there!  Just a straight drop South from Kansas City on I-71.  I wouldn't miss it! 

Will the Ladies of the Salty Kiss be performing?  I heard tell of some underhanded band of ne'er do wells who tried to take advantage of Captain Emerald's pride, and were hired to make the most amazing hat for her.  Is her crew able to give a first hand account of those incidents?

No booze, eh?  Oh well, it can be just as fun without it!  Especially in the heat of late July.

I look forward to the Faire!  Thank-you for honcho-ing this, Emerald!

Emerald Shaunassey

Butch,

Excellent well!  Glad to hear that you will be able to join us! 

Alas, The Ladies of the Kiss will not be performing.  And the reason for that is... I am the owner and Diamond is the Co-owner.  We will not have time do perform an it is just a bit .... self preening to perform at a festival we own. 

Indeed, Hickory creek that runs to either side of our site will either help us or kill us in the heat of July! 

I look forward to seeing you and yours again Butch!  If you have any questions, feel free to holler at me.  Oh, and bring your Military ID with you to show at gate for your Military Discount!

Until Later,
Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Maeve McMayhem

Emerald? Diamond? Oh - we cannot wait to see you both again!

We're already counting down the days!
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Emerald Shaunassey

Maeve!!!! Layla!!!!

We cannot wait to see you all again!  What fun we shall have!

Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

Good News:  MoRF is now listed on the Missouri State Official Tourism website at: VisitMo.com!

Sadder note, today's meeting has been cancelled due to inclement weather, I am just not willing to risk anyone's life for a mere Ren Fest.  Next open meeting/rehearsal is April 24th at Daddy Jim's Restaurant from 12pm - 4pm.

Stay home, stay warm, and stay alive!

Emerald

Sullivans Bastard

Hi Emerald,

I think my Lady & I will drop down from P'burg, Ks to see you folks in July - in garb, of course.  ;D

Emerald Shaunassey

Sir,

Twill be my honor and priviledge to meet you and your Lady at our humble festivities this July.  I look forward to this opportunity!

Fair Winds
Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

2 months & 5 days and counting until Opening Day!

LadyMorna

Two questions:  1.)  Where might be some places in the area for lodging?  2.)  How hot is it usually in July there, and is there much shade on the faire site? (My laird husband is having problems tolerating heat due to some medications he takes.)  I would really, really like to attend if possible.

Gramercy,
Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Emerald Shaunassey

Lady Morna,

1) Neosho has a Super 8, a Booneslick Lodge (think Montana/western ski lodge type look) in addition to a couple of local, mom-and-pops type motels.  I am working on getting a list of them together for the website's accommodations page.  Keep in mind that Joplin, Mo is but 18 miles north of Neosho.

2)  Summer in SW Mo can have temps ranging from upper 70's to triple digits with heat advisories.  Humidity can be nonexistent to nearly 80%.  Keep checking local weather the week before, the week of, and a few days before the festival (like the morning you leave Tx).  Wear light weight, light colored clothing and pace yourselves VERY slowly if it is hot and humid.  Be prepared for heat storms to blow up in the afternoons - it could happen.

3) Festival site is a tree covered (save for 4 or 5 open areas in use as fight rings and such) island that sits in the middle of Hickory Creek (clear, COLD, Ozark creek that one can swim in on one end); it has fully ADA accessible walking trails around the perimeter of the island.  Now, the creek will either help us or hurt us again depending on the weather, any fronts (or lack thereof), and the temp. 

Hope this gives you a better idea of what to expect for Summer in SW Missouri.

Give my regards to your Laird - miss seeing you both!
Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

PING!!!

21 Days until Opening Gate!!!

Make plans to come out and help us Celebrate a new location, new owners, and new lease on life!

July 24th & 25th, Morse Park, Neosho, Mo

Tickets are:
6-12 $3.00 each
13-59 $5.00 each
60+ and Military with ID $3.00 each

All others FREE!! 

Blood Drive on Saturday July 24th and all weekend long, Bring three (3) non-perishable food items to donate to The Help Center Food Pantry and receive two (2) chances to win a $30.00 gift card from Academy Sports & Outdoors!  Drawing to be held Sunday evening at Pub Sing starting at 5:30pm.  MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN GIFT CARD.

More Info (driving directions, lodgings, etc) can be found at:
MoRenFest.com

See you at the festival!
Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

11 Days and Counting until Gates Open!!!

Rowan MacD

It's almost a 6 hour drive and I have to work on Saturday.  Gawd I needs a faire-fix.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Emerald Shaunassey

I understand your need for faire my dear.  Wish you could make it down.

Maeve McMayhem

Hey Emerald... ;D

What's the shade like at the stage we're assigned to for the day..?  Any?  I was just thinking of the temperatures and then considering how nice a couple shade trees would be..  :-* And this creek you speak of.. it's totally swimmable? I am already considering digging out a bathing suit for after-hours...

We can't wait to see you.. and invade MoRF with our silliness!
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Emerald Shaunassey

Hey Maeve.....

Well, the area where the stage is set up is in the food court area (captive audience for you girls and Chiron (Ki-Ron) ) and it has ALOT of trees.  I believe Chiron was going to bring a 10x10 canopy as well for extra shade.  Yes, the creek is swimmable - crystal clear, ice cold ozark creek.  Do bring your swim suit for after hours.  And be aware that we are having a performer potluck supper on Saturday night - bring a side dish, or a desert, or a non-alcoholic drink, and something to eat with and on, and drink out of and come join us!

Can't wait to see you ladies and enjoy a wonderful weekend with you guys!  It's been far tooo long!

Emerald

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I want to go sooooo badly!  My inner Gypsy is struggling to be let loose, and she says just a day or so would work... (sometimes I wonder how I manage to stuff her back in the closet when it's time to put away the garb...)  ::)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Today's version of Sunday's forecast for Neosho is a high of only 91 & a chance of cooling showers.  I just might be able to tolerate that all day.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Butch

It's not looking real promising for me.  New job.  Trying to get Sunday off to be there!  REALLY trying!

Emerald Shaunassey

Wendy - I hear ya girl... Be very awesome if you could come up for even a day but, I totally understand if you can't.

Craig - keep your fingers crossed that good weather holds, I wasn't impressed with the forecast when I checked it via weather underground around 4pm this afternoon.

Butch - Congrats on the new job!!  I hope you can make it down but if you can't, it is okay!

Four More Days until Opening!!!!!

Emerald

Butch

Huzzah for me!  I was able to trade Sunday, so I will be there on Sunday!  Both my son and I.  Can't wait to celebrate!

Rani Zemirah

I'm getting very excited for you all!  I'll certainly be there in spirit!  Have a wonderful time!!!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Emerald Shaunassey

Butch - WOO HOO!!!! So glad you and your son will be able to make it out to see MoRF

Rani - I know you will hon and perhaps next year I will be lucky enough to have you and your daughter join us!

Love to you all

Emerald
From her new "home" in Neosho, Mo

Butch

Emerald, thank-you for inviting us!  My son, dau, and I really enjoyed ourselves!  It was good to see you and Diamond again.  It was also nice to see Lord and Lady Alberon (and Lord Logan) again.

I had never seen either Shillelagh Law or Corset and Codpieces before yesterday, but am glad I found them!

Semper Fi, and Huzzah!  I'll see you around!

Emerald Shaunassey

Butch,
     It was great to see you and the crew, as always!  I'm so glad you all could make it down for MoRF; even if I didn't get to visit with you all very much! 

I'm honored to be able to share both Shillelagh Law and Corsets and Codpieces with everyone that came out; I'd had the pleasure of working several events in the past with S.L.

Keep your eye out - I've been approached to do Medieval Feasts there in Neosho at Daddy Jim's and I'm looking at February 12, 2011 to hold the first one.  Think ren faire condensed into 3 hours; replete with storyline and various entertainments PLUS ... a 6 or 7 remove (course) medieval inspired meal.  Hammering out the details and logistics of it all and will post more information as it becomes set in stone!

Here's to seeing you down the road and next year at MoRF (I hope!)

Semper Fi! Indeed my friend

Emerald