News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ST MOLDEN

Started by Jessi, March 11, 2010, 08:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessi

I'm fairly new to these parts and I was just wondering why this weekend is refered to as ST MOLDEN'S?
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

iain robb

It was a St. Patrick's Day gathering. But in the course of discussing it on this forum, perhaps as recently as last year, since Molden was coming all the way from wherever it is that he normally disrupts, someone (and I think it might have been me, but if I'm wrong or even if someone else wants credit, that's fine) referred to the weekend as St. Molden's Day weekend. And the name stuck.

Kate

Quote from: iain robb on March 12, 2010, 05:37:31 AM
...since Molden was coming all the way from wherever it is that he normally disrupts...

LMAO!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Squire Mickey

Well, it started about 3 years ago. It is Molden's birthday, and as he was coming in there was a joke made about St. Molden's Day. Now, once you have met Molden, you will realize the humor of referring to him as a Saint.

It will be up to others to fill in how the name actually came about. However, I WAS there for the weekend's events and saw some of the "events". CRAZY STUFF.

Molden could not make it last year, although we did have the M'Crack family gathering.

This year we are also adding into the mix, a Pre-Rendevous, which is the main gathering for all of the folks on the R/F forum. This is a "mini" gathering of many of the forum folks.

So, by my weak and feeble calculations, we have an additional 125 or so folks coming in from out of town to join the festivities this weekend

HUZZZAHHH!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jessi

Thank you so much for explaining. I have already gathered that Molden is NO Saint! :D
I am celebrating my birthday this weekend also. I hope we get to raise a glass to each other.
Jessi

Molden

So THAT explains why so many were coming up to wish me a Happy Birthday this weekend! BWHAHAHA!

Very close Squire Mickey, but I'll offer a slight course correction on that. It was the topic of several discussions and memories with some of the original cohorts in cryme...

Actually, it started off in 2007 with Lord Jarhead's 40th birthday when he called many of his Marine Corps Bretheren to join him for his natal day celebration at this bonny faire. And yes, a tyme was had that did lead to many a legend.

Then somewhere between that tyme and the next such weekend in March at BARF in '08 - a funny thing happened on this very forum...someone - and this was much of the discussion, we don't remember who - started referring to the weekend in question as "St. Molden's Day"...and it stuck. Again, there was much rejoycing! YAY!!!

I did not make 2009 - between losing my Dear Mom in too short a tyme, and losing my career of 22 years at 3M, coupled with focusing on changing my location from Austin, TX to Mooresville, NC to begin anew with my Love (Lady Mikayla), let's just say there was a bit on my plate. BUT I did vow to return again - and indeed, it was as wonderful and fun as ever.

So now you know the history and the fact, that indeed - I be no Saint!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Marietta Graziella

From my personal observation of this weekend, the closest Molden comes to saintliness is a lot of people were saying...

Oh My God!   :o ::) ;D

ROFL
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Sir Martin

Jessi,

Here are a couple shots from the first St. Molden's day.

Exaviore and Spinster help Lord Jarhead celebrate his birthday.

And here is St. Molden "sneaking" up on Lady D'Arbanville.  Not sure ... but I'm thinking he said something very unsaintly.   ;D

Lookin' forward to seeing you and Lady Mikayla at RenDezvous, bro.   ;)

Jessi

Quote from: Sir Martin on March 16, 2010, 07:19:53 PM
Not sure ... but I'm thinking he said something very unsaintly.   ;D

After meeting Molden, I'm SURE that he was!!
Jessi

Sir Martin

Quote from: Jessi on March 16, 2010, 07:23:18 PM
After meeting Molden, I'm SURE that he was!!

Either that, or he just gave Lady D. a wedgie.    ::)

Kate

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on March 16, 2010, 07:02:25 PM
From my personal observation of this weekend, the closest Molden comes to saintliness is a lot of people were saying...

Oh My God!   :o ::) ;D

ROFL

LMAO!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Squire Mickey

Thank ye Molden fer setting me straight!

I MAY have been drinking that weekend in 08 where I did meet many of my new Fairmily for the first time, so it holds a special place in me heart as well.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Sir LJ

It was changed to St. Molden's Weekend the following year. If memory serves me correct a certain redheaded Succubus asked to make that change. It is a tradition in my mundane family to celebrate B-Days every 5 years after you turn 40. Don't ask me why, it is how my Grandfather did things and we don't argue with him. May the Lord rest his soul!

So it was a no-brainer to put the patron saint of Molden-ess up on the alter. Though I do believe the thunder reverts back on the 5th year, pending of course I am there.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Count Adolfo

If I remember correctly... it was just such a LAUGH when the words "Saint" and "Molden" were put next to each other...
sort of the penultimate oxymoron...
that it stuck

and thereafter it was referred to thusly

but indeed, LJ's 40th birthday was the original "reason for the season"
alas, I missed that original gathering
and am still jealous of the fun that was had

now it's been combined with the annual Family Gathering of the Clan M'Crack at BARF...
and the legend continues to grow!

Kate

Wrong thread, but I know you'll see it here:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSI!   :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny