News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I heard a rumor.

Started by Jessi, March 18, 2010, 09:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessi

I heard a terrible rumor that if attendence is not up the last two weekends we may not have a fair next year. Can anyone confirm or deny? Or is it just that, a rumor?
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Athena

I'm willing to bet it's just a rumor. That rumor has gone around about so many faires, my home faire (GLMF) included. In fact, every year I hear that it's GLMF's last...and yet the faire keeps on going.

Unless management comes out with an announcemet, I wouldn't take it seriously.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Mmketeer

Well I'll do my part rumor or not I'll be at BARF on Sunday. See ya'll there!
Mmketeer

ItsTheBishop

Attendance has been pretty good every weekend I've been there. Two of the three weekends I've made it, we've had to use an overflow parking lot.

Ambrosine

I've heard this "rumor" every year i've attended BARF. Since I can say i have attended BARF almost 15 years I think it would be safe to say it is a rumor. This fair is always packed and as ITsTHeBishop said they have to use overflow parking just about every weekend.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

pktaxwench

I've heard this rumor every year at every faire I've ever worked at.  Only FLARFN has actually closed down due to poor attendance.  Which is a shame, because the location was beautiful.  Unfortunately, it was in Live Oak, halfway between Tallahasse and Jacksonville, and there is NOTHING in that part of Florida, much less a population to support it. But, even so, it had 4 years and was awesome.