News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A heartfelt thanks...

Started by eloquentXI, March 15, 2010, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

I had to step aside and say thank you to so many people for this weekend.

Leaving Tampa today, as the plane took off, I felt a sadness. After such an amazing weekend, surrounded by so many incredible people, I did not want to leave. I would do everything over again just to have the chance to spend more time with you all. I remember feeling anxious and a little nervous when I left Dallas for there were only 3 people in attendance that I had ever met at faire from the forums. That feeling disappeared so quickly when I showed up at the Tilted Kilt and I heard the shriek of excitement from Kate and several others coming over to hug me.

The faire was more beautiful that I could have ever thought and the people more amazing than I could have imagined. The Queen herself was the embodiment of the life of the festival itself, beautiful, passionate, and willing to share with all those that would seek it.

To Samantha, to Kate, to Mickey and every other people that helped organize and contributed to the planning of this weekend- WOW! It was incredible! I only hope that Rendezvous can live up to awesomeness of this weekend.

To Samantha and Michael, thank you for letting be there to share your beautiful hand-fasting. I only wish you the best in the future!

To the Clan M'Crack, all those I met, so many wonderful people, thank you for your warmth. I expressed this welcome to TJ and Julia personally but please, I would love for you to come to Scarborough, if not for Rendezvous, then sometime in the future. I will try my hardest to make it out to the east coast to see you all!

To everyone else I wandered the lanes with, who I stole seats from at Musical Men (I greatly apologize Your Majesty!  :D), who I spent time with this weekend, and who let me steal a little bit of their soul with my camera, thank you.
Thank you for your kindness and thank you for taking care of me (or rather my mug as I seemed to be misplacing it EVERYWHERE :P).
Thank you for welcoming into your homes, taking care of me when the plan changed and turbulence hit.
Thank you for just being amazing.

Until I see you all again, if not Rendezvous, then sometime in the future, safe travels, my dear friends, and love to you all!

:-*

-Meg/Elo
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

theladyphoenix

The Lady Phoenix
Wicccan Warrior
Wench at Heart
AKA *poison grace*
Risin' M'Crack
Cruise Director Clan O'Conner

theladyphoenix

from Michael ... "prickin'" ... sorry i didn't get more time to spend with you ... but what little time i did ... was my pleasure ... was my honor to carry your things and wear your hat to the terminal ... i'd do it again in a heartbeat ...so sorry you can't be here in person for my birthday ...but i know you are in spirit ... i promise my first toast will be to you ...and i look forward to the honour of spending more time with you at renn-faire again ...glad you are home safe ...and count the days to spend more time with you again ...sam and i are both honored at your presence at such an important time in our lives ...and hoping you'll be there when we make it permanent ... many thanks to you and yours ...and counting the days to the time we get to see you and spend time with you again ... from my heart to yours
The Lady Phoenix
Wicccan Warrior
Wench at Heart
AKA *poison grace*
Risin' M'Crack
Cruise Director Clan O'Conner

Hector

It was awesome you were able to make our faire and I look forward to seeing you at Scarby.  I don't think it is easy to make the leap into so many unknowns, but what a great reward when it turns out so well! 
-

Kate

*hugs*  I am so happy I finally had a chance to meet you.  You are so much fun and also mature beyond your years.  I truly feel that, in you, I have found an incredible new friend, not just at faire, but in life.  You are amazing, Megan, and I'm so glad that I had the honor to meet you.

Kate
Pink'n Penny

Welsh Wench

Megan, you are like the daughter I never had!

Hugs and love!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Molden

Elo Honey - t'was Wondermous Great to see you at such a distant faire! So glad to see you happy and well. Even happier to see you throw yourself into unfamiliar waters and enjoy the adventure in th' bargain, Love! Looking SO forward to seeing you again, very, very SOON!  :-*
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Lady DArbanville

Elo!!! It was wonderful meeting you and getting to know you. The fun we had!!! 
You are such a fantastic person, it was a pleasure!

*hugs*
The Irish Penny Brigade
Beer'n of the Clan O'Ceallaig
Special Projects

Lady Isabelle D'Arbanville,
Privateer, First Lady of the Harbinger
IFRP #1205. Tampa Bay

Wench, IWG #3510, Local 21
Tampa Bay

Larien Telemnar of Laughlorien

Jessi

I wish we could have spent more time together. You are wonderful! Maybe, with a little luck, me and mine can make it to Texas next year. :-*
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Marietta Graziella

Elo, it was with great joy that I spent some quiet time with you wandering about the faire.  Thank you for sharing your day with me.

Jessi, I'm glad to have met you!  :-)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

NoBill Lurker

Elo, it was so great to meet you in person and am glad that you had a wonderful time this past weekend!  ;D

And I hope you can return for another visit one day!

(( HUGS ))
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Count Adolfo

Elo... the pleasure and honour was indeed all mine and I'd love to see you back here as a permanent fixture at this invasion.  It would indeed make me smile.
I'm MOST pleased that you had a good time and I shall endeavour to keep my word and do all I can to see you in TX this season sometime.

Sir Martin

Quote from: Count Adolfo on March 17, 2010, 03:28:17 AM
Elo... the pleasure and honour was indeed all mine and I'd love to see you back here as a permanent fixture at this invasion.  It would indeed make me smile.
I'm MOST pleased that you had a good time and I shall endeavour to keep my word and do all I can to see you in TX this season sometime.

It would be wonderous if things work out so that you can make it to RenDezvous, Count.  Would love to make thine acquaintance!

Jessi

Thank you, Marietta, and I you. I met so many wonderful people this weekend, unfortunately I don't remember most of thier names!  ;D :o
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Athena

It was wonderful meeting you, Megan! I hope to see you at Scarby! ((HUGS))
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb