News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9/11 at MDRF, sponsored by FriendsOfMDRF.org

Started by SirBlackFox, March 16, 2010, 01:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

We plan to have a simple moment of prayer and toast for all of our friends and family who are. . .  at this moment. . . in harms way, protecting us.  It is their sacrifice which allows us the freedom to even participate in a Renaissance Faire.

At a time to be determined (don't want to step on any wedding plans), we shall meet up at the Chapel of St. George to honor our heroes both past and present.  We would like to call out the names and ranks of those to be honored who will be recognized by a tap on our bell for every individual.

A toast will be given and hopefully a group photograph taken.

Steve "Sir Black Fox" Kimball
FriendsOfMDRF.org
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

SirBlackFox

"Someone" (a patron) complained to mgmt at MDRF about this (three guesses who).  We shall have to find another way to do this. . . we have a poll on the website to vote on:  http://fomdrforg.proboards.com

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Master James

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Amras Elfwine

I will have the Squirrelwagon in the parking lot early, as usual, on that day, and will be sharing meditations, prayers, smiles, tears, hopes, laughter and plenty of other sentiments to the memory of patriots of every ilk with anyone else who cares to...you are welcome to join me in my foxhole, anytime...once more into the breach, squirrel warriors, once more...huzzah!!

Amras Elfwine
U.S. Army, Retired
18th Airborne Corp, U.S. Field Station Berlin, 5th Infantry Division, 1st Armored Division, National Security Agency
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel