News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pregnant at Faire

Started by Leyla, March 16, 2010, 04:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyla

So, I may not have had the best timing. But in my defense, I really hadn't anticipated it taking a mere 2 weeks post birthcontrol to get pregnant.

My home faire, MNRF, begins August 21st and runs through October 3rd. Baby is due September 25th!

I am going to be bursting at the seams pregnant when faire comes around. Is it even do-able? Does anyone have experience with being a good 8-9 months pregnant and attending faire? I don't imagine I'll have tons of energy or be super active, but I figure a quiet stroll through the lanes and catching a few shows won't hurt anything. I'm guessing that if I just take it easy I'll be fine. I maybe shouldn't be attending the weekend before my due date.

Any advice for this first time momma to be?

justsomeguytn

A couple of ideas

show up to the Hey Nunnie Nunnie show wearing a habit

tell Don Juan that you need to talk with a scowl on your face

Ditto with the king

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

This is my daughter at faire, she was just careful not to over do it and she found this great outfit at Moresca which she said was very comfortable.So enjoy it and send us baby pictures when time comes.

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Celtic Lady

Many congrats and most definitely post baby pics.

Quote from: justsomeguytn on March 16, 2010, 09:45:06 AM
A couple of ideas

show up to the Hey Nunnie Nunnie show wearing a habit

tell Don Juan that you need to talk with a scowl on your face

Ditto with the king

:D I totally love the ideas... especially the part involving the king.

Carl Heinz

For your comfort, you might want to consider a surcoat and kirtle..
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

LadyStitch

I was always told find an empire waist dress and the most comfortable shoes you can get your swollen feet into.  The only problem I have heard of was when my friend Kelly bought a dress but she didn't antisipate mother nature to double the size of her natural DD endowment.  :o   

Considering she is thinking of adding number two in time for TRF this year, I'd love to hear more of recomendations so that I can pass them along to her.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Leyla

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on March 16, 2010, 02:34:56 PM
This is my daughter at faire, she was just careful not to over do it and she found this great outfit at Moresca which she said was very comfortable.So enjoy it and send us baby pictures when time comes.

Thanks for posting the picture of your daughter! I'd been eyeballing the Moresca Khadija bodice. All the photos I've seen so far have been of very small chested women and I was worried it may not work for me (DD so far, thank you hormones :o) I think the bodice is so cute and we don't have many people in Moresca at MNRF. Plus it fits my gypsy tendencies. I'll have to call them and find out how late I can order and still get it in time. Yay new garb!!

I like the jokes with the king as well. I just don't think I'll have the nerve to break that far out of my shell.

I will definitely be getting comfy shoes too. I forsee a Birkenstock purchase in the near future (I'll want them for this summer anyway).

Thanks for all the tips so far. I look forward to hearing more!

Ferret

As you get closer to delivery and MNRF, run it by your doctor. If you are in good shape, not expecting any problems, and take it easy. I'm sure you and the baby could use some time out and about.

Best wishes and congratulations !
Ferret

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Leyla, do check out ebay for your Birks I've gotten some great deals there.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady L

Hi Leyla, congratulations!
When I had my first son, I went to MNRF in Sept. He was born in Oct. I walked around the whole site, no problem. If you feel up to it, it should be ok. You might feel like you overheat faster, or get tired out faster than usual, so don't overdo it. Of course, the doctor will let you know, too.

An adjustable dress might be a good idea, as well.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Noble Dreg

Holy crap!  Congrats!

Ginny did it, go early when it's cool and leave early.  Lean on your fest buds to help you carry stuff.  You get too tired we'll get you a cabriolet.  New ren-brat on the way!   ;D

Oh, Fest Friends might be a good idea, let the fair come to you!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

serenamoonsilver

As Ferret said, run it by your doctor.  My home faire is MiRF--it runs about the same time as yours and I had similiar timing as yours.  I went the first week in my chemise and little bolero vest I had.  After that, I stayed home as the faire is two hours from home and I was having the occasional contraction.

auntiegiggles

Congratulations!  My sister (ALadyandFae) has attened MNRF while pregnant with all of 3 of her kids.  There are lots of options for garb.  My sis has done both gown and fae. 

This image isnt the best of either of us but you can clearly see her belly  :D

This was taken this past faire.  Abrina was born Sept. 24th and was at faire for the last weekend  ;D

Just a heads up.  Whenever my sis has been pregnant she has had a lot more pics taken of her.   ;D
Everything goes better with giggles

LadyStitch

After you had your renlet, how soon did you return to faire?  And did you bring your renlet with you?  How did you manage that?
I'm trying to talk my friend Amy into going to TRF this year but her renlet will be 5 months old then, and she isn't sure how that will work out. 
I told her just to put him in a oneie that says "Surrender the boobies"  or her in "Pirate princess in training" and the kiddo should be ready to go, but she wanted me to ask.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Noble Dreg

Quote from: LadyStitch on March 18, 2010, 02:18:49 PM
...I told her just to put him in a oneie that says "Surrender the boobies"...

*snerk* Hey I want one of those! 

Our kids went at an early age too.  Last year there was a newborn dressed in Fae baby garb, mom could not go two feet without having to stop for a dozen pictures!  I see a lot of babies crashed out in strollers, actually looks like a pretty comfy way to travel.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small