News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pregnant at Faire

Started by Leyla, March 16, 2010, 04:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Exactly what Kate said!   There is certainly no shortage of R/F folks at MNRF.  Let us help!  :)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Bugsy

In 2006, I was due to have my son September 16th.  Our faire is from end of Aug to end of Oct.  I didn't dare go. lol.  It's a 40 drive and I don't even know of any close hospitals.

It was a really good thing I didn't go.  I went into labor ON a faire day, water broke at home and barely made it to the hospital (which was 20 minutes away).

I probably could have gone the first weekend, but it was walking that got my labor started, so .......

I ended up going to the faire a couple weeks after I had him (didn't bring him). 
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Queen Margaret

I did my first trimester with Elizabeth and Catherine at SRF in 2005. They were born that December. It was so well-timed that the pregnancy never was an issue except for extreme fatigue the last half of SRF.

I attended TRF one weekend in November about a month before the Girls were born. I can't see how anyone could do a complete run in their third trimester. But it was fun to freak out Sholo the Nubian when I did jumping jacks in court garb in front of him.

He screamed like Homer Simpson. It was awesome!
A calm sea never made for a skillful manner. -English proverb

dbaldock

Quote from: Queen Margaret on May 19, 2010, 08:13:52 PM
I did my first trimester with Elizabeth and Catherine at SRF in 2005. They were born that December. It was so well-timed that the pregnancy never was an issue except for extreme fatigue the last half of SRF.

I attended TRF one weekend in November about a month before the Girls were born. I can't see how anyone could do a complete run in their third trimester. But it was fun to freak out Sholo the Nubian when I did jumping jacks in court garb in front of him.

He screamed like Homer Simpson. It was awesome!

Is there a video of Sholo's reaction somewhere on YouTube?   :o  ;D

Do your 4 year old twins get to come play in costume at Faire?  Are they/you looking forward to them being on cast some day?   :D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Leyla

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on May 17, 2010, 11:08:37 PM
Leyla'
Just take it easy this year, it is easy to over do it and not even realize it.  My son was born on September 25th a million years ago.  I swear I have never been so hot in my life as I was that summer.   So if it is really hot and humid out, I would probably not go very long, or at the very least find a nice shady spot and people watch for a while.

And don't be too shy to ask for help.  Let us take care of you and fuss over you.  We will be happy to fetch things for you etc.   

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on May 18, 2010, 07:32:09 AM
Exactly what Kate said!   There is certainly no shortage of R/F folks at MNRF.  Let us help!  :)

Awwww... you guys are the best! I'm feelin' the love :D

I'll be careful, and ask for help. I imagine I'll be spending a lot more time in shady spots sipping some cool H2O.